Serve as principal videographer for the university. Produce strategic video as identified by the Office of Communications and Marketing. Translate the spirit of Delta State into high-quality imagery. Serve as principal photographer for the university. Produce strategic photos as identified by the Office of Communications and Marketing. Translate the spirit of Delta State into high-quality imagery.
Experience / Skills
1. Strong video and photography prowess.
2. Fluent digital editing skills, with expertise in photography, video storytelling, lighting, sound, pre- and post-production, cameras, lenses, and microphones, as well as with software platforms related to digital editing, image correction, and retouching (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro).
3. Understanding of digital video formats for upload to YouTube and other digital channels, as well as with gathering and interpreting video analytics.
4. Knowledge of copyright regulations and privacy laws.
5. Vast interpersonal skills. Communicate well verbally and in writing with a wide range of people, including senior executive and administrative leaders, deans, faculty, students, supervisors, colleagues, coaches, other employees, volunteers, media, and the public.
6. Flexibility and adaptability. The ability to move from deliberateness to urgency; manage multiple projects simultaneously; and stay calm under pressure.
7. Collaboration with diverse groups inside and outside of the university. Experience in and enjoyment of a team-centric operation.
8. Excellent organizational skills.
9. Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
10. Willingness to work some evenings and weekends
-Bachelor’s degree in photography, videography, film, art, communications, or a related field.
-Three or more years of professional experience taking photographs and producing video, ideally in a higher-education setting.