Senior Associate, Video Production
Location: Flexible (Preference for Boston)
Travel: Approximately 6-8 trips per year
Position is available: Immediately
WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that's grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country. Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students across the country. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students.
ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, most recently receiving the highest ratings (Tier 1) on our math and ELA formative assessments from the Louisiana Department of Education, the only organization to receive such high marks. We were also named to The NonProfit Time's “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and in the 2018-19 school year will be launching the Breakthrough Results Fund, a four-year collaboration to prove what's possible in instructional improvement.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
We are seeking a Senior Associate of Video Production to join the Teacher, Leader, Coach Development (TLCD) Team. This person will capture and produce videos featuring practices from schools across the country that are leading to educational and/or institutional equity. They will do this by working alongside members of TLCD and ANet's network teams to plan out production shoots, travel to, capture and edit examples of strong practices. Part of this position will also focus on working with teams from across the organization to create videos and virtual modules to support our partners with new products and build their knowledge about practices to incorporate into their schools. They will also be charged with maintaining the video library on our internal content management system and managing our coach video platform. This position will report to the Managing Director, Coaching Strategy.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Capture, produce, and share high quality videos of school-based practices
• Partner with the TLCD team and network teams to identify opportunities to capture, edit, and produce videos of authentic and diverse school and teacher practice
• Own the planning, execution and follow up from capture trips including communication with members of TLCD and network teams
• Continue to build out the video resource library and improve the diversity of featured subjects
• Promote and highlight videos that reflect organizational and team priorities for featuring in newsletters and communications to coaches.
• Ensure all videos reflect ANet's brand and quality standard and meet legal requirements.
Create videos & screencasts to support use of ANet products
• Update screencasts about our online platform as needed including drafting scripts, gathering feedback and filming
• Partner with the Instructional Products and Program Operations teams to draft, film, and produce screencasts and/or videos to promote new products and show how to use them
Support the creation and production of ANet's Virtual Learning Modules
• Assist the Managing Director, Virtual Learning with in-house filming for Virtual Learning Modules
• Provide post-production support for Virtual Learning through contributing to build modules in the platform
Manage coach video platform
• Manage Sibme platform including enrollment and subscription
• Provide technical assistance for ANet staff around use of the platform include questions around video uploading and capturing mobile video
• Promote usage of the platform through ongoing communications with network teams about video capture and encourage the use of media releases with coach video for broader use with schools
Support additional video needs from across the organization
• Support Manager of Breakthrough Results Capture by traveling, capturing, and/or editing footage as needed
• Fulfill requests for video editing and production from TLCD, Networks, and Business Development
• Collaborate with the Manager of Online Marketing to identify videos to feature externally
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
• You have experience with video production, including a strong understanding of high-definition video production workflow and organizational skills to manage this work
• You bring experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Google Drive
• You bring exceptional attention to detail, prioritization, and have a deadline- and solution-oriented approach to your work
• You understand that schools are dynamic places and are comfortable working on projects and tasks with shifting priorities
• You are an effective communicator in a variety of contexts and with various audiences, including internal teams and external partners
• You have a passionate commitment to and sense of urgency for the support of schools and believe that all students can achieve at high levels.
• You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily and are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet's Advance Equity and People Matter values
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
• You bring prior experience working in an education setting, working closely with schools, and/or in shooting video in classroom and school settings
• You bring experience with video editing platforms (e.g. Sibme, Hightail, Adobe Premier)
WHAT WE OFFER
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click first on the orange "External Application" button, then on the blue “Apply” button. You will then be prompted to complete a brief application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter in which you outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Senior Associate, Video Production