Spidercam is looking for a highly collaborative, highly-organized Production Manager who can manage our multiple production projects and lead each project’s lifecycle, which is from client inquiry through to final invoicing to the client. While attention to detail and abundant flexibility are expected, all work will be guided by the knowledge that each project’s maximum profitability is a top goal.
Work closely with Sales, Engineering, vendors and the rest of the Spidercam team to coordinate and prepare projects that will be run from Charlotte, NC and associated offices in Europe and Australia. This is an office based role, and you will be expected to work normal business hours, Monday through Friday each week. You may be required to respond to situations after normal work hours. The position is located in the Charlotte area offices.
-Working with Sales and Engineering, assess and understand the client’s technical requirements to ensure that RFP’s are answered accurately
-Accurately prepare quotations for submission to clients
-Liaising with Sales, the Client, venues, suppliers and crew to ensure correct facilities are supplied for each event
-Produce written documentation with regard to event information to be supplied to Client, Tournament, Suppliers and Crew, including in Production Manuals and other information documents for specific projects
-Track and maintain organized files of all client agreements, freelance crew agreements, quotations, purchase orders, change orders and all other pertinent paperwork for projects
-Liaise with suppliers to ensure accuracy in costing for all quotations and as may be required
-Assist with producing technical information, handover documentation, training material etc. in association with
-Book Spidercam units, production gear, freelance crews and coordinate on-site facilities like power, internet and telephone.
-Co-ordination of shipping, along with the Engineer in Charge
-Escalate issues as they occur with any appropriate parties who may be affected or need to know. This includes collaboration with local and foreign managers and departments such as; HR, Legal, IT and Finance
-Actively coordinate safety requirements for each project to ensure the prompt response to emergency situations, including medical emergencies and the well-being of staff
-Liaises with other Spidercam groups for international productions
-Checks invoices and allocates them to productions
-Support marketing activities (conventions, website, social media, print)
-Coordinate with public bodies (safety regulations)
-Any other duties as assigned by management
Experience / Skills
• 5 years of experience in a Production Manager or similar role
• 5 years of experience with intricate scheduling of multiple assets/events
• 2-3 years of experience with accounting responsibilities
• Must have excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong client relations and interfacing skills
• Ability to respond and work during nights, holidays or weekends will be required
• Occasional travel may be required
• Written and verbal communication proficiency
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
• Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds.
• Project management proficiency
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Ability to negotiate and generate positive outcomes
• Creative with a positive attitude and the ability and energy to initiate action and results
• Ability to think critically and ask “what if?” questions
Please submit the following online, click on the "external application" button.
1.letter of application including current compensation level
3.contact information (name, email address and telephone number)
Only applications submitted online will be considered. Strictly no agencies.
About Spidercam US, inc.
Based on the idea of a cable suspended, winch driven payload carriers a small wooden model was created in the year 2000. Over the following years this model should evolve into the spidercam®. The one man company, operating out of a basement, grew with the success of its product and nowadays consists of the headquarters in Feistritz im Rosental, Austria, and two subsidiaries in Hamburg, Germany and New Jersey, USA. Together the spidercam group offers its services and know-how to productions and clients around the world.
The founder Jens C. Peters still offers consulting services to the company, while the management duties have been handed over to the next generation.
The headquarters in Austria house the Main Administration and act as the engineering core of spidercam GmbH: Construction of new systems, Research and Development as well as repairs and Maintenance Works are done here. Furthermore any special projects are realized by Austria.