The Shoot Production, Manager is an expert on image and asset production, and execution. S/he produces photography and video shoots for Marketing Floorset Campaigns and Brand Design projects to ensure concepts are realized and brand right. The Shoot Production Manager manages all live action content production from a holistic standpoint across budget, scheduling and resource communication.
The Shoot Production Manager must understand industry trends to evolve processes and relevant cultural trends to influence talent recommendations. S/he partners with each creative stakeholders to manage image asset project needs, while meeting budgets, timelines and production specs.
• Working with the Director of Creative Services, this position will establish, manage, maintain, adapt, and enhance the Photography and Video Production process for marketing creative as it pertains to schedule, budget, and asset management including holistic budget management; including File Maker milestone management.
• Must be able to grasp top-down creative leadership vision by translating Creative Floorset Campaign concepts, understanding asset creation through shoot production management; and when and how comp, timing, and budget risk is communicated to the Marketing team
• Manage and develop Producer, Creative Services; manage and develop Creative Services Coordinator
• Understand holistic Brand vision across BBW teams (Strategy, Marketing, Social Media and Brand Design) to facilitate the BBW brand story through art buying and shoot production while meeting BBW’s standard of excellence
• Working with the Director of Creative Services, partner with Creative leads to ensure all creative content support brand identity and further the creative vision
• Holistic shoot production budget management and leadership.
• Understand how photographed imagery, artwork and video files impact post-production for print, digital and video processes
• Produce all marketing print, video and digital content and asset production for Point-of-Sale, CRM, Social Media, Brand Design projects:
o Resource, procure and maintain talent and agency relationships
o Option and confirm directors, photographers, stylists, models, studios, catering
o Model casting: schedule go-sees, casting photographer and studio, uploads of casting files
o Talent negotiation and contract management with legal
o Management of Campaign project shoot budget
o Location recommendation and scouting
o Plan and management of shoot schedule
o Schedule internal and external photo shoot kick off meetings
o Shoot product management: procure and ensure products are delivered to shoot prior to the shoot date and delivered to retouching
o Work with digital tech on file delivery and expectation
o Attend and supervise photo and video shoots to manage talent, crew and schedule, delivering and return of shoot products, and be able to trouble-shoot on set when needed
• Supports typography and illustration art buying including negotiations, creative timelines and deliverables
• Continually identifes emerging talent (photographers/directors, models etc.) and own sharing to creative partners
• Own talent database; leverage previous industry production experience & contacts
• Drive content and asset shoot production milestones. Must be able to prioritize time, manage schedules and deadlines of internal and external partners which includes file delivery of images
• Collaborate with creative, photographer and stylists on on-site shoot schedule and shot flow
• Responsible for ensuring shoot specs are followed including ensuring meta data is included on each shoot
• Consultant on Comp orders
• Must be a master of nuanced and varying communication styles with both internal and external partners: internally distill difficult video and production techniques and risks into succinct dialogue; externally communication feedback in a diplomatic and constructive form is a must.
• Assist with any content retrieval from creative or cross-functional partner requests
• Pattern for retail, photography/video, fashion, beauty trends. Must stay relevant to fashion, beauty and cultural trends
• Collaborate with Creative Service Managers to ideate, share, problem solve, promote ideas and processes to develop and grow oneself
• Be a Brand steward and represent the brand to internal and external partners through knowledge and grace
Experience / Skills
• 5-7 years photo and/or video shoot production. Retail or experience is a plus. Fashion or Fragrance (still life / table top) production knowledge, highly desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in Photography, Fine Arts, Marketing or equivalent experience
• Must be able to work in a high stress environment, be flexible and agile to change while maintaining a positive attitude
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to re-prioritize quickly.
• Be solution-oriented
• Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to clearly communicate relevant information to partners, and leadership.
• Ability to collaborate with different personalities and work styles while maintaining strong service performance
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time, supportive of capacity and work long hours on set
• Proficient in latest design tools (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Experience with Filemaker tool is a plus
• Knowledge of editorial and contemporary photography in both beauty, fashion, home and product markets as well as production process