Multimedia Production Specialist (On-Call)
Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, seeks an on-call Multimedia Production Specialist. This position requires relevant experience due to the fast nature of our live events. The Specialist is responsible for managing multiple projects and keeping them organized. PLI's client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
On Call shifts are typically scheduled one month in advance by the Associate Director, Multimedia Services. We are currently recruiting for the 2019 program season.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys a variety of video production responsibilities while working in a business environment.
The Specialist is expected to learn and rotate through the following roles:
• Technical Director: Cuts and directs the show for the room and web audience. Creates and tags lower thirds, syncs PowerPoint Events for Web Audience while closely working with a team of Multimedia Production Specialist to ensure that all audio visual components are implemented in such a way as to provide a solution that meets the demands and also the goal(s) of the particular event.
• Audio Technician: Mixes the show live and communicates with Floor Manager to provide the best sound for the in room audience and online audience. Set up and test Polycom Video Conferencing & Audio Conferencing as needed for remote participants. Loads presentation materials for the Faculty and monitors an inbox for last minute materials and updates.
• Video Operator: Syncs the Records with our Webcast Encoders. Logs Metadata Live with our Ingest Environment via Cinedeck Encoders and catDV. Tags fields and creates sub-clips for product automation that creates our On-Demand Video Products through Vantage Media Encoders.
• Floor Manager: Sits In and monitors the live event and communicates with the Program Attorney and Faculty Members who are presenting. Load PowerPoint presentations as needed, go over microphone procedures. Be ready to assist Faculty if any technical difficulties arise during the live program.
• Maintain effective and professional relationships within the Multimedia department and through the organization.
• Communicate effectively with Multimedia management.
• Communicate with Vendors and Engineers as necessary.
• Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• 4+ years of production experience in entertainment, web, broadcast or cable television required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Video Production strongly preferred.
• Proficiency is necessary in Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Production Suite. Candidate must have the ability to edit, upload and display PowerPoint presentations.
• Experience using Prezi & Keynote is a plus.
• Must have “Live” corporate event experience.
• Must be able to work responsibly on own, but also to interact professionally with a wide range of internal clients.
• Panasonic CCU and Production Switcher Experience a plus.
• Squarebox CatDV, Cinedeck RX2 & Vantage Experience a plus but not necessary.
• Yamaha CL Series/Dante Audio experience a plus.
• Must display a willingness to juggle multiple projects and calmly meet challenging deadlines.
• Willingness to work overtime is required.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation's leading preparation course for the Patent Office's Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website.