Are you exceptionally talented, fun and creative, and possess a healthy dose of NICE? That's what it will take to be a part of our team Image Studios! We are a cutting-edge, award-winning production company offering commercial photography, corporate and broadcast video services, and computer-generated imagery (CGI) services. We offer a family-like culture and we have been offering it for over 50 years!
At Image, you will work side by side with industry leaders to not only tackle the big stuff but the small stuff with equal amounts of passion and drive. We strive to produce the most remarkable results for clients no matter what the order, short or tall, always pushing the limits of our creativity from mind-blowing straight to " WOW!"
We are currently seeking an energetic and motivated Key Grip / Equipment Manager. Someone with a passion for photography and video production, who recognizes the need to hustle and has exceptional problem-solving skills. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate has a great aptitude for learning new things and a “make it happen” attitude.
Additionally, we are searching for someone who takes direction well, with great attention to detail, is exceptionally organized and can systematically follow tasks through to completion.
This position requires an individual who can work with a wide range of team members, talent, and personalities and helps ensure that all productions operate efficiently and productively.
Experience / Skills
• Lift, move, carry, transport, rig, operate, build, and place production equipment where it needs to be
• Build and operate jib arms
• Mount, move, and safely secure camera per DP’s instructions
• General carpentry, electrical, rigging, and mechanical repairs/upkeep
• Track and meticulously maintain camera gear and production equipment
• Ensure all equipment is securely packed, unpacked, and recorded for daily productions
• Comfortable with some AC work (pulling focus, lens changes, matte box filters)
• Create efficient workspaces and workflows both on and off set
• Fix, replace, and send equipment for repair as needed
• Oversee vehicle maintenance of 3.5-Ton Truck, Sprinter van, and passenger van
• General cleaning, repairs, errands, and deliveries
Supervise a crew of grips and production assistants
Resourceful and can anticipate the needs of others
Help others whenever and wherever needed
Be physically fit and safety conscious
Have schedule flexibility to work some long hours, and some weekends
Ability to travel and be gone overnight (on occasion)
Tow motor experience/certification
Operating a B-camera on smaller jobs
Comfortable with audio equipment, shotguns, lavs, field mixer, etc.
Familiarity with RED and Sony family of cameras
Drone experience and UAS pilot license
Software knowledge: Capture One, Adobe Creative Suite, and Redcine-X Pro
5+ years of experience as Key Grip or Grip
Possess a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a good driving record
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image Studios offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.