Local NYC Engineers work in a fast-paced operations environment supporting WNBC’s 24/7 TV Operations. This assignment is located at our 30 Rockefeller Center facility in NYC.
WNBC Daily Hire Maintenance Engineer responsibilities to include (and are not limited to)
• Support of Control Room and Studio Systems: Switcher, Audio Console, Cameras, Multiviewer, etc.
• Maintain on-air systems, QOS, continuity, confirm all systems meet ATSC specifications for Over The Air and Cable providers
• Configure and maintain MPEG encoders, statistical multiplexers, PSIP generators, and other associated distribution products
• Maintaining on-air continuity by providing general maintenance support for WNBC.
• Communicate with the operations staff to understand/discuss equipment problems in order to troubleshoot.
• Proficient with AutoCAD to document new and modified installations
• Logging of all equipment problems to provide effective communication of issues to coworkers, management and vendors.
• Undertake Projects as assigned
• Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, but not limited to, transmission, broadcast equipment, control rooms, servers and applications.
• Overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, automation, production and distribution technologies.
• Understanding of Terminal gear, IRDs, MPEG ASI Encoders, PSIP generators
• Minimum 5 years of recent experience in a broadcast environment
• Minimum 5 years of experience with digital television (SD & HD-SDI, IP) as well maintaining core technical/plant facilities and audio (embedded, discreet, 5.1)
• Strong Computer Client/Server skills / Proficiency in Networking Technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through previous experience
• Must be well-organized and self-motivated to take on tasks as required to serve the clients’ needs
• Must provide users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
• Successful candidate will be required to join the Local 11 Union upon employment if not already a member.
Experience / Skills
• Interested candidates must submit a resume
• Must be able to lift equipment packages weighing up to 50 pounds
• Must ensure a clean and safe work environment
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to work all shifts, weekends and/or holidays (24-7 facility)
• BA Degree in Electronic Engineering, or minimum 5 years’ experience in the required fields.
• Networking Knowledge: Cisco Internetworking, TCP/IP, Multicast, UDP Networks etc.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to ever-changing broadcast environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in a “live” broadcast environment
To apply for this opportunity, please email your updated resume by clicking on the "external application" orange button.