Reporting to the Senior Editor, the Content Miner will help find, publish and promote compelling content that successfully develops NBC Sports Bay Area’s digital platforms. This position will be responsible for using creative and innovative methods to tell stories through a wide range of tools on NBC Sports Bay Area’s website, app and social media accounts. The Content Miner also will assist on and occasionally lead day-to-day editorial maintenance of those platforms and work with partners on content distribution.
• Create timely, relevant written content on an aggressive news desk by monitoring news sources and identifying stories, writing enticing headlines, selecting proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followers
• Coordinate with the Senior Editor, NBC Sports Bay Area colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content
• Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation
• Work with internal and external distribution partners to maximize the reach of NBC Sports Bay Area content
• Edit content from NBC Sports Bay Area content miners and team insiders to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.
• Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets NBC Sports Bay Area’s standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Properly prioritize production of content and ensure all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current on all platforms
• Work with programming and production colleagues to execute editorial strategies and packages
Experience / Skills
-BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field
-Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO. Experience producing content in fast-paced news environments a plus.
-Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
-Demonstrated proficiency in the use of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
-Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
-Strong knowledge of Bay Area teams and general sports, and what content drives fan interest
-Basic understanding of HTML and web video editing tools
-Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
-Must be detail-oriented and organized, and have a proven track record in multitasking effectively
Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV to be considered
-Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
-Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, early mornings, weekends and holidays when necessary
-Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
-Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
-Must be 18 years or older
-It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.