Video Production Specialist will support video presentation and video production for large scale Amazon events, providing live video direction, editing, and project consultation services. As a video engineer, they will also provide highly technical onsite support for live event video, presentation switching, setup/strike of venue video equipment between events, support live technical execution, and give direction to video assistant(s). Successful team members will have a diverse background as a live production engineer, strong organizational skills, ability to work across multiple teams and cultures, demonstrate impeccable customer service, and be energetically driven to meet the needs of our customers and team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the largest and most dynamic on-campus events for Amazon, and influence the way our extended audiences experience them. Should be able to work in a corporate office environment, demonstrating strong organizational skills, impeccable customer service attitude, and be energetically driven to serve our customers and the team.
· Planning: rendering of production team documents into weekly plans for deployment of video applications to match event needs.
· Promptly, thoroughly, and professionally communicate with team, customers, and business partners.
· Proactively engage with production team to pursue process improvements.
· Search out opportunities to help others improve skillsets and knowledge base.
· Serve as video technician for events with outside vendor support.
· Technical consultant to Event Producers, Systems Engineer, Video Lead Engineer and Production Manager.
· Scheduling and execution of system training and maintenance operations.
· Setup, operation and basic maintenance of video recording equipment.
· Setup and occasional operation of camera(s) during live events.
· Provide project consulting, equipment planning and tracking for video projects.
· Constantly work to improve the client interface and relationships.
· Address all client & producer inquiries in a timely manner.
· Track video project status and completion.
· Potential for editing and posting video content as directed within an agreed upon delivery time frame.
· Management and oversight of video presentation and production equipment, in collaboration with production engineers.
· Professional, discrete and service minded communication with customers.
· Maintain tidy and organized work area and storage areas.
· Provide productive feedback and process improvement ideas to management.
· Assist other producers, engineers and technicians on as needed basis.
· Event setup and technical coordination of assigned systems.
· Thorough testing of equipment use cases ahead of event.
· Clear communication with all team members.
· Video (V1) operation for large scale video presentations
· Video (V2) support for in house video
· Robotic Camera Operation for video production
· Technical Direction (TD) for video production
· Provide operational technical services for assigned events.
· Support for video control systems and facility operations as needed.
· Optimization of systems for the best quality attainable.
· Dynamically flex to client needs and developments.
· Assist with strike of event space(s), ensuring correct equipment handling and storage.
· Participate in post-event feedback discussions/surveys.
This is a full time, 40/hr week position with adaptive event hours (not necessarily normal business hours).
Experience / Skills
· Positive, team-minded attitude, willing to jump in anywhere.
· Strong understanding of event production and live event processes.
· Background in event production, especially video presentation, video production, and control systems.
· Familiarity with Ross video controllers
· Proficiency with video systems.
· Focused, organized and effective in stressful environments.
· Can professionally, effectively, and directly engage at every level of the organization.
· Strong experience as a tech director with four or more camera operators
· Proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and other content creation/manipulation products.
· Proven ability to produce high quality video projects from concept through completion.
· Strong experience as a camera operator.
· Adaptive and flexible.
· Positive outlook and ‘can do’ attitude.
· Resourceful and quick to take initiative.
· Prioritization while multi-tasking under pressure and within short time constraints.
· Ability to work effectively and professionally in a complex matrix organization.
· Capable of staying on task when alone, but also interface well with customers and team members.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to occasionally adjust work schedule to business needs.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move quickly between locations.
· 2 - 4 year degree in video production field, or equivalent experience.
· Advanced understanding of Ross production and presentation switchers.
· Advanced understanding of AJA KiPro decks.
· Understanding of network video and format conversions.
· Prior corporate event support experience.
· MS Office suite skills.