Celebrity Driven – Dance Tour
2019 Summer Tour
Mills Entertainment is seeking an experienced Stage Manager for a celebrity-driven dance tour from June 9th through August 5th.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in production meetings and phone conferences prior to the tour dates.
• Manage rehearsal process and maintain proper documentation of blocking and technical elements.
• Manage tech rehearsal process, in collaboration with the Production Manager.
• Create and maintain a calling script for run of show.
• Participate in technical advances, as deemed necessary by the Tour Manager or Technical Director.
• Manage daily crew and show call times, sound checks, performances, and seating/house holds.
• Participate in calling the truck pack during load-in and load-out.
• Supervise and participate in the deck load-in and load-out, including laying the marley floor and setting props and scenic items.
• Call audio, video, lighting, spot, and deck cues.
• Ensure that all equipment and show supplies are ready for movement post-show.
• Ensure that the team adheres to all safety procedures.
• Assist other departments when necessary or available.
• Complete rehearsal and show reports, according to Company standards.
• Participate in production meetings and general tour check-ins while on the road.
• Report any maintenance or expendable needs to Tour Manager and/or Assistant Tour Manager.
• Lead a smooth, successful and enjoyable workplace.
• Touring experience is a must. 3 years or more preferred.
• Experience calling a dance show is required.
• Must have experience working in IATSE houses, under Union rules.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
• Must be able to solve problems as and when they may arise.
• Strong organizational and adaptability skills.
• Positive attitude and the ability to remain effective under pressure.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage partners and team members.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check.
• Able to work varied hours and commit 100% of time for regional travel and work on the road for the entire tour.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
Additional Information: This is a touring position that requires travel. Position runs June 9th - August 5th, 2019. Weekly rate is $1,200 plus $40 per-diem. Travel and accommodations are provided.
Experience / Skills
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates who have worked with celebrity or high-profile talent in the past.
• Higher consideration will be given to candidates with lighting experience.