Executive Producer for VWSE Productions on all assigned projects and events. Direct report to Vice President of Productions. Relocating to the VWSE Raleigh, NC office is necessary. Significant domestic and international travel is expected of this position.
PRODUCE LIVE EVENTS AND PRODUCTION CONTENT
1. Function as Executive Producer for all assigned clients and events.
2. Perform advanced coordination of event logistics with the client, site, vendors and local agencies.
3. Identify overall objectives and develop plans of success for assigned events.
4. Determine content required for clients and events. Work with VWSE creative to develop.
5. Create event Run-of-Show scripts, PA scripts, production schedules, budgets and crew lists and schedules as needed per event.
6. Attend all production meetings and/or video/audio conference calls related to any assignments as needed.
7. Perform research and pre-production work for clients and events as needed.
VWSE PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT
1. Communicate and provide direction for VWSE Senior Producers and Producers
2. Monitor VWSE staff in direct line of report to Executive Producer position, jointly devolving plans of successful executions and evaluating at year’s end.
3. Work alongside fellow Executive Producers and with VP of Productions in assigning producer staff to events and projects.
4. Identify appropriate and qualified candidates for vacant or new positions created within VWSE.
1. Work with client to determine desired and optimal objectives.
2. Perform regular communications with clients and distribute necessary information to appropriate VWSE staff
3. Create an Event Recap Summary immediately following an assigned event for posterity, gathering and utilizing both the client’s and VWSE staff’s input.
4. Create or assist on proposals, as needed, for new business opportunities.
5. Travel to selected events and meet with clients and prospects as needed.
1. Work on special projects as assigned by VWSE’s Executive Vice President.
2. Provide input as requested by VWSE creative, administrative or operations in times of need.
3. Design and generate proposals for prospective clients in tandem with various Van Wagner management and staff.
4. Work with VWSE staff to develop new business opportunities in various areas of business, including but not limited to, consulting, television broadcast and online distribution, venue consulting and more.
5. Work with senior management to establish international business development goals and implement strategies to create proper sales and marketing tools to position VWSE favorable in existing markets and new markets.
6. Monitor and interpret all trends within the various national and international locations where events are staged (entertainment/sports industry and structures, evaluation of market size, competitor tracking, etc.)
7. Make recommendations to senior management for developing partnership programs with vendors, specialty groups, organizations and associations to encourage business growth.
8. Help manage the sales pipeline and prospect updates with VWSE’s Executive VP and Business Development to keep all staff apprised of current status of projects and events.
9. Work with business development account coordinators to generate proposals, agreements, addendums and more.
10. Help develop and maintain a master calendar of annual events with senior management and business development in order to project potential projects and clients.
Experience / Skills
A minimum of ten years knowledge and experience in the sports and video production and presentation.
• Must be a great communicator, knowledgeable about the production process and live sporting event production, in general, with a good understanding of what fans/attendees find valuable and entertaining.
• Ability to produce a game and call an event for the video board operations.
• Working knowledge of the technical elements related to video board productions.
• Must be able to deal with tight timelines, impose deadlines, handle pressure situations and work long hours, when needed.
• Proficiency in Mac and Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent knowledge of Photoshop. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Highly organized, proactive, self-motivated, fast worker, reliable, good writing and spelling skills and great communication skills.
• Ability to manage workflow and approval processes with clients.
About Van Wagner Productions
Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment has been connecting brands to sports for over twenty years. Our parent company, Van Wagner Group, was the largest privately held out-of-home advertising company in the country, responsible for transforming Time Square and creating some of the most memorable advertising in the world.
Since our early days in sports, we have grown well beyond our in–game signage roots. Today we offer a wide range of services across the sports landscape. We not only remain the worlds’ experts in TV-visible signage, but we are industry leaders in naming rights and sponsorship sales, stadium construction and development, media sales, collegiate multimedia rights, video production, ticket sales and various other aspects of the sports industry. What remains unchanged is our commitment to our clients and to providing creative solutions, exciting opportunities and delivering unprecedented results.