We are looking for an Audio / IT Support Engineer to join our VSI Los Angeles Office to oversee the technical infrastructure responsibilities.
You will report to the VSI Los Angeles’ Operations Manager and get support from our UK headquarters Technical Services and IT departments, as well as local external support entity(ies).
You will work closely with Executive Management to finalize and maintain the buildout of VSI Los Angeles
operation consisting of offices and recording/mixing studios and Edit/QC suites.
You will help ensure that technical procedures are in place for VSI LA to run local production of Dubbing,
Subtitling, and Media Asset Management including Quality Control and Electronic Delivery of content.
Working in conjunction with the Operations and General Managers of North America, you will be responsible for:
▪ Actively participating in the build-out of the new VSI LA studios site including facility infrastructure design, physical and IT security protocols, and general refurbishing.
▪ Conducting inventory planning, maintenance, and operation of local onsite technical and audio equipment.
▪ Thoroughly maintaining accurate documentation of all workstations, Avid infrastructure, servers, switches, storage, connectivity, procedures and policies.
▪ Documenting and managing audio software licensing data records.
▪ Accurately diagnosing and troubleshooting technology-related issues, and recording their resolution in logs.
▪ Installing A/V equipment, and day-to-day maintenance assuring technical excellence from recording to final delivery.
▪ Setting internal procedures for data I/O management, storage systems, backup and archival with a clear secure file/folder path structure to be easily followed by engineering teams.
▪ Be the relay for VSI London IT department in handling ‘desktop’ support, phone system, internet connectivity, alarm and security systems.
▪ Maintaining the local Media IT network of workstations.
▪ Technology watch on new equipment, best practices and possible new services to offer to the market.
▪ Attending technical seminars and conferences, as needed, to learn new skills and expand network of contacts.
▪ Elaborating and keeping track of a budget, as well as making any needed purchases within the department.
▪ Assisting in the research and execution of special projects to increase productivity and quality of work.
Experience / Skills
Skills and Experience
▪ Professional experience in a systems/IT support position or Post-Production, ideally in a sound engineering / editing / studio environment.
▪ Thorough knowledge of audio and video equipment setup, maintenance, and servicing procedures.
▪ Advanced working experience in Post-Production hardware and software including video projectors, calibration tools, audio systems, video routers, patch bays, Avid Nexis, Avid Pro Tools, Operating Systems (macOS, Windows, Linux), and Aspera Faspex.
▪ Advanced working knowledge of multi-channel sound delivery formats including 5.1, 7.1 and Dolby Atmos, and audio signal types (Analog, AES, MADI, SDI, Audio over IP “Dante”).
▪ Experience in Video system signal flow, systems design, installation, maintenance with sound for picture experience in various frame rates / conversion. (25, 24, 23.976, 29.97).
▪ Strong and efficient computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, plus experience with project management, flowcharting and database software) using both PC and MAC.
▪ Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build good working relationships in person and remotely.
▪ Ability to work independently and under own initiative.
▪ Excellent organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking, planning and risk management skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively.
▪ Established network of contacts among sound technicians.
▪ A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints.
▪ Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
About Voice Script International
We are one of the world’s leading localization companies, offering foreign-language versioning services such as voice-over, dubbing, subtitling and translation services, as well as post-production and graphic design. We have a wide portfolio of international and local clients including some of the biggest global brands in the entertainment, media and corporate industry.