Under general direction of the Creative Director and in conjunction with the internal Agency’s account managers, the Principal Video Producer is responsible for conceptualizing and implementing Blackbaud’s brand presence through exceptional video storytelling. To do so, this individual will have deep understanding of brand principles and create work to further Blackbaud’s evolving brand. The Principal Video Producer will pitch, storyboard, plan, produce, and edit videos to effectively share information, promote, and market Blackbaud across all markets.
The successful candidate will have a broad and thorough understanding of videography, motion graphics, communication and marketing principles, strategies, and tactics as they relate to visual communications; comprehensive technical knowledge; strong aesthetic and editorial sensibilities; the ability to work effectively with collaborators from a wide range of departments and programs; strong project management skills. In addition to working directly with Blackbaud co-creators and stakeholders, the Principal Video Producer will be a hands-on individual contributor—operating equipment, scouting locations, supervising crews, and advising external/offsite videographers, producers, and crews. This position has potential to grow into a management role, where the Principal Video Producer would have the unique opportunity to build a production team from the ground up.
The ability to find innovative solutions and a positive attitude are required. The Principal Video Producer must demonstrate a high level of initiative, independence, and good judgment. The ability to independently think critically, solve problems, make decisions, and build trust across the organization is a must. Previous experience in an in-house corporate or advertising agency are also considered a plus.
Occasional travel is required for this role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film & Video, Digital Cinematography, or a related subject, and 10+ years relevant professional experience
• Expert-level skills in Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro, Animate, and After Effects
• Storyboarding/art direction for video production
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers.
• Develop and implement rigorous visual standards for video assets across multiple platforms and video types
• Clearly articulate concepts and rationale from design, business, and competitive perspectives.
• Innovate fresh new ideas to keep content vibrant, relevant, and exciting.
• Design, create, shoot, animate, and edit video content in a professional, compelling, engaging, brand-compliant manner. Create motion content for websites and social media, including high-level videos and custom brand animations.
• Co-manage creative development for Blackbaud’s largest and most impactful campaigns and events
• Co-conduct campaign brainstorming meetings with video deliverables in mind.
• Work directly with copywriters to develop scripts that solve business challenges creatively and effectively
• Demonstrate the ability to think past a brief and to deliver beyond client expectations
• Consider strategic/business implications of creative output
• Generate original, creative concepts that meet or exceed Agency standards
• Show craftsmanship and high level of attention to detail
• Follow agency processes as specified
• Meet deadlines, set and follow priorities, maintain a high level of personal responsibility
• Create and follow a specified budget to get the most impact for the dollar
• Work within a task management system
• Show ability to work on several large projects at once
• Manage time effectively to meet aggressive deadlines
• Analyze the success of creative work objectively based on the creative brief and performance metrics
• Establish success criteria (metrics) based on industry standards and evaluate all video projects accordingly
• Share successes and learnings with stakeholders and team members
• Be flexible — adjust work processes and output based on historical analysis
• Constantly improve processes and procedures to enable the best possible business outcomes
• Evaluate and approve creative briefs
• Manage a diverse team of external resources
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with dependable, exceptional outsourced video vendors
• Conduct critiques and give instruction and critical feedback in a positive manner
• Encourage creative thinking and team spirit within the creative team and with customers
• Foster team mentality, with a range of people
• Actively explore new video trends and technology, with emphasis on B2B digital marketing platforms and requirements
Experience / Skills
Please submit work samples when you apply.
About Blackbaud, Inc.
Named to Fortune’s Change the World List, our team of over 3,000 employees are passionate about helping customers use innovative technology to make a difference in the world.
While we are working to enable the success of over 40,000+ customer organizations, we are enabling the success of our company and our people. We are committed to developing our employees, in all professions, through learning and mentoring programs. And we do it all in an environment that values teamwork, diversity and philanthropy.
At Blackbaud it is possible to change the world and grow your career at the same time. Come found out how.