Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Multi-Media Specialist for the Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics. This position is under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletic Director of Athletic Communications and the Director of RVision. The Senior Multi- Media Specialist creates, produces, directs, writes, edits and shoots content for original athletic department productions “R Football Show” and “Rutgers Basketball Story”.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Oversees the coordination of A-Z video workflow — understands all facets of production capabilities and processes.
• Consistently sets clear expectations for tasks and deliverables – can delegate appropriately.
• Manages technical set-up of production environment, including cinema camera operation and broadcast lighting. Asset management, using EditShare DAM, making sure video is logged and properly archived.
• Monitors show performance and creates regular reports on viewership and engagement.
• Builds efficient workflows, enabling a streamlined budget by developing staff members’ technical and editorial skillset
• Spearheads a culture of creativity and innovation, and develops progressive formats and execution paths.
• Responsible for the management of project budgets and sound management of production and personnel resources within the authorized budget
• Maintains project calendars to provide transparency about workload and production timelines.
Experience / Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with major in journalism, broadcasting, communications, multi-media, film making or a related field.
• A minimum of five years experience in broadcast or digital content production, with at least two years producing or directing experience, equivalency considered.
• Interest in sports (football and basketball)
• Skilled at script writing for studio and/or field productions in long and/or short form
• Production skills demonstrating expertise in single camera (cinema type) and field production shooting and editing
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong attention to detail and organization
• A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a history of creative storytelling
• A demonstrated complete understanding of the Adobe Creative Cloud production suite; in particular, working with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
About Rutgers University Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
The Rutgers Division of Intercollegiate Athletics sponsors 24 intercollegiate sports, comprised of 14 women’s and 10 men’s programs, that compete at the Division I level. The Scarlet Knights are members of the prestigious Big Ten Conference, the nation’s premier academic and athletic conference, after officially joining the league on July 1, 2014. Known as “The Birthplace of College Football, Rutgers hosted Princeton on Nov. 6, 1869 in the first intercollegiate football game, with RU earning a 6-4 victory.