Director of Digital Content
George Mason University
Director of Digital Content
The George Mason University, Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a Director of Digital Content. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Director of Digital Content will support the ideation, development and implementation of George Mason Athletics multi-platform content with focus on digital and social opportunities that align with departmental content strategies.
• Lead the department in the creative development, production, preparation and delivery of George Mason Athletics content for multi-platforms (digital, social and broadcast).
• Select and prepare content and highlights that are consistent with viewer trends to drive consumption.
• Perform pre-and-post production digital video editing optimized for sharing.
• Determine the agenda/tone of segments, organize, and evaluate content for assigned sports programs.
• Coordinate with Marketing and External Affairs staff to shape content for video segments used in digital and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube)
• Manage the production of real time reactions to breaking George Mason Athletics news and live coverage of George Mason sporting events.
• Execute duties of field producer on ENG (electronic news gathering) shoots.
• Travel with athletic programs when required.
• Advanced degree (emphasis on digital media production) or training and work experience at a level that equates to an advanced degree.
• Experience producing custom digital content.
• Strong knowledge of digital video production related techniques and on-line content management systems.
• An established ability to create and produce compelling stories; generate and execute ideas, from concept to execution.
• Ability to create engaging hype videos, feature content and recruiting elements.
• Proficiency with technology platforms and graphic design software packages (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Software).
• Proficiency with Adobe Premiere and/or Apple Final Cut Pro.
• Highly skilled in camera operation, microphones, lighting and related production equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Demonstrated production/editing experience with an intercollegiate athletics program or professional sports team
• Possess or be able to quickly obtain a deep knowledge of George Mason athletics and pop culture
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number FA634z; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.