We are looking for engineers to join our Content Delivery team. Do you love to build massive, distributed, and amazing systems? Are you passionate about open source software, and building systems using it? Do you like to add immediate, tangible business value
As an engineer in the CDN team, you will help build the infrastructure and develop software to support the systems that deliver IP content for a wide range of mobile and first-screen television devices. As part of the larger Comcast engineering teams, you will help shape the next generation of IP content delivery and transform the customer experience.
Using the tenets of DevOps, you will have the opportunity to own the entire stack, from architecture to production.
• Design new software applications, support applications under development, and customize existing applications.
• Develop software update process for existing applications. Assist in the rollout of software releases.
• Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
• Diagnose performance issues and propose and implement code improvements
• Ensure the software architecture is lean and extensible
• Ensure software modules are reliable for reuse
• Work with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
Here are some of the specific technologies we use for Traffic Control:
Experience / Skills
-An open mind and a passion for coding excellence
-BS in Computer Science and 8+ years equivalent experience
-Experience in OO programming languages Java or C/C++. Experience with GoLang highly desired
-Knowledge of Object Design, Design patterns, and Algorithms
-Experience developing software for Networking, Web services, DNS, HTTP, and TCP/IP
-Good communicator; able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
-Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
-Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership