Univision Local Media Dallas is seeking a full time, entry level, Broadcast Technician to install and maintain Radio and TV studio equipment. The Broadcast Engineer participates in the installation, maintenance and repair of TV/Radio studio/transmitter equipment to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Responsibilities include maintaining telecommunications, computers, networking systems and integrating platforms for online content.
• Maintains station operation through preventive and corrective maintenance.
• Establishes and follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal, laws.
• Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance.
• Installs and performs maintenance on control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Provides maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems.
• Basic HVAC troubleshooting and operational maintenance, including water cooling systems.
• Works with Radio programing, TV news and Operations department to maintain broadcast equipment as needed.
Experience / Skills
Required Skills & Experience
• Associate Degree in Electronics, Communications, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum 3 years Broadcast experience with TV/Radio Studio and transmission facilities.
• SBE Certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record required.
• General knowledge of all Broadcast and Television Production equipment and processes.
• Basic operation and understanding of the Microsoft OS and Office software applications and networking are helpful as well as Apple OSX, and DOS/UNIX command line scripting.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Ability to work closely with other staff members in problem solving capacity.
• Bilingual Spanish/English desired although not required.
•Basic knowledge of applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, radio and television automation, etc.)
• Working knowledge of computer networking technology.
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level.
• Ability to troubleshoot and repair high-power FM and TV transmitting facilities.
• Familiarity with RCS and Avid software/hardware products a plus.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of generators and UPS systems.
• Ability to read and interpret design documentation, including elevations, connection drawings and schematics.
• Interact with management and staff at all levels.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• May require climbing ladders and working on elevated surfaces (e.g. rooftops).
• Requires good manual dexterity for soldering, use of hand tools and working on small components.
• Able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to be on-call to respond to transmission systems failures at remote transmitting locations.
• Ability to lift up to (50) lbs. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach, and sit for up to (8) hours without restrictions.
• Must be willing to work from office in Dallas, TX
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.