The Director of Digital Media is responsible for the NCAA Division I Department of Intercollegiate Athletics coordination of video content and production, including video board content, social media features, live event audio/video streaming and support of department’s special events and corporate partnership multimedia commitments.
Responsibilities and duties for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Coordinate the department’s video content and production, including video board content, social media features, live event audio/video streaming and support of department’s special events and corporate partnership multimedia commitments
2. Assist in the day-to-day supervision of GoMarquette.com, which could include content, graphic generation and specific page revisions
3. Generate social media game day content/highlights and assisting with sponsored digital promotion
4. Supervision of both full-time and student staff members
5. Management of department’s digital assets
6. Sport supervision as primary communications contact could be assigned as well (based on qualifications)
7. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Experience / Skills
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Preference given to a degree in communications or marketing.
• At least 2-3 years of experience in athletics setting.
• Prior video production skills and knowledge of editing software (Final Cut Pro or similar program) required.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to supervise staff and students
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google +) and best practices is preferred.
• Familiarity with process/equipment for streaming events live and basic HTML programming is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google +) and best practices
• Working knowledge of process/equipment for streaming events live and basic HTML programming
About Marquette University
Marquette University is a Catholic, Jesuit university located near the heart of downtown Milwaukee, Wis., that offers a comprehensive range of majors in 11 nationally and internationally recognized colleges and schools. More than 8,400 undergraduate and 3,200 graduate and professional students; nearly all states and 84 countries represented within the student-body. Our mission is to strive for excellence in academics, athletics, leadership, and service to others in the Jesuit tradition, while embracing equity in opportunity, good sportsmanship, and ethical conduct. In keeping with this mission, the purpose of intercollegiate athletics is to provide a quality program which will challenge and develop the physical, mental and personal abilities of student-athletes; encourage them to complete their college degrees; foster the elements of integrity, sportsmanship and fair play; promote physical fitness, sports participation and athletics excellence; provide scholarships for a selected number of young people to secure a college education; engender school spirit among students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends; enhance the name of Marquette University; provide entertainment to spectators; and generate revenues to help defray the costs of the athletics program. This is to be done within the stated policies of Marquette University, the Big East Conference and the NCAA.