Are you looking to expand your professional portfolio with Emmy-winning projects that inspire passion about the world we live in? Do you desire to be part of a fun, collaborative, small team working on award-winning documentaries that are guaranteed to gain national recognition? Join Palomar Films!
Our visionary team is looking for a talented Producer with a can-do attitude. The following statement best describes the individual we are looking for:
Your drive and ambition is never lacking and you possess a strong love of your craft. You enjoy the collaborative process and consider fostering growth in others a high priority in order to reach the full potential of the team. Cinematography is one of your strongest assets, with a clear understanding of shot composition, lighting, and sound. Production coordination is a skill set of yours, as well as crafting creative scripts that maintain accuracy of the subject matter. You consistently take initiative, keep up with current trends in filmmaking, and contribute new ideas to push the team vision forward. You are a people person who communicates well with your co-workers and clients.
Experience / Skills
• 3-5 years of professional producing and cinematography experience, preferably with some experience in documentary filmmaking
• Proficiency with video production equipment, cinema/ENG cameras, lighting, sound
• Ability to take direction while working closely with the Director/Producer
• Strong interpersonal communication skills are a must
• Ability to multi-task a variety of projects
• Dedication to your craft with a strong desire to continue improving
• Excellent research and scriptwriting skills
• Ability to communicate clearly in a timely, professional manner in both verbal and written forms to internal team as well as outside resources/clients
• Anticipate daily needs of a project to maintain high standards and meet deadlines efficiently
• Possess technical problem-solving skills
• Experience managing social media accounts is preferred but not required
• Highly organized with a willingness to adapt to project management protocols to facilitate successful team workflow
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, as well as project communication platforms such as Trello/Basecamp and management of production calendars on Outlook and Google
• Basic editing skills and understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud software preferred (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, Media Encoder, After Effects, etc.)
• Ability to manage media effectively utilizing media asset management software
• Studio production experience a plus, including ability to operate a light board, sound equipment, teleprompter, studio cameras, and video switcher
• Experience with Arri Amira, Blackmagic URSA Mini, Canon DSLRs and Panasonic GH5 cameras is great
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred but not required
• This is a 32 hour per week ongoing position. Availability Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, with flexibility on nights/weekends as needed.
• Must live within 40 miles of San Marcos, CA or be willing to relocate. (If you currently live outside of the area, please address this in your cover letter.)
• Pay starts at $30/hr with raises up to $40/hr likely. This is an independent contractor position, covered by a professional service agreement. No employer-paid benefits are offered.
About Palomar Films
Palomar Films is video production department based at Palomar College in San Marcos, CA known for creating award winning documentaries, educational series, and promotional videos in their state-of-the-art television studio. Their documentaries have been shown at more than sixty film festivals throughout the country and aired on dozens of PBS stations in the United States. They have earned 27 Southwest Pacific Emmy Awards and numerous other national accolades in the last decade. vimeo.com