Mizzou Athletics invites those seeking a Broadcast Engineer position to apply for the current opening with the award-winning Mizzou Broadcast Operations Department. The Broadcast Engineer will collaborate with the full-time and part-time staff to oversee the equipment is in good working order, arrives at the remote site, is setup in the proper manner, is being operated appropriately and is checked back in with no defects. Mizzou Broadcast Operations produces an average of 120 events on various platforms including digital, linear cable network and in-venue displays.
The Broadcast Engineer should be a self-starter that is extremely organized, able to work effectively alone or in a group setting and can bring a positive attitude to each day. Exceptional trouble shooting skills will be required and innovative solutions to complex problems will be necessary.
To learn more or to apply for this position, please navigate to hrs.missouri.edu Please reference Job ID# 30621 - Manager Broadcast Operations. The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Manages the day to day technical support, installation, repair and maintenance of key, complex infrastructure components of the Mizzou Broadcast Operations control room facilities.
- Sets up and operates various broadcasting equipment in control room and on locations; checks equipment for operational readiness; provides operational assistance/instruction to staff, crews and student support staff, as required
- Prepares and maintains various technical records and engineering logs pertaining to broadcast equipment performance and discrepancies.
- Performs modifications according to engineering specifications and determines priorities in regards to repair, maintenance and modifications.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and other engineering supplies; provides equipment specifications and orders equipment according to University and department procedures.
- Participates in training and development to keep abreast of latest technological advances; works in tandem with Operations Producer and Production Manager to develop and implement training programs for other technical staff in all aspects of broadcast standards, practices and basic electronic theory and troubleshooting.
- Assists with preparation of capital equipment and maintenance budgets.
- Interview, select and evaluate the performance of technical support staff and plan and assign their activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary. A minimum of 3 years in television broadcast engineering is required with one to two years in a supervisory capacity (preferred). A valid driver’s license is required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (or similar equipment):
- Ross Video Carbonite Switchers & XPression CG
- Evertz Router, Timing, Multiviewer & DreamCatcher Replay System
- RTS Adam-M Intercom & AZEdit
- Calrec Summa Audio Console
- Grass Valley, Panasonic, Sony PTZ and Marshall POV Broadcast Cameras
- Broadcast Lenses (Canon & Fujinon)
- Telecast Adder II, Python and Copperhead systems
- Studio Technologies Announcer Consoles & Intercom/IFB modules
- Daktronics Display Systems
- KVM System
About University of Missouri - Mizzou Athletics
The University of Missouri - Columbia, is located midway between Kansas City and St. Louis and has a current enrollment of approximately 32,000 students. The city of Columbia (pop. 120,000) is also home to Columbia College and Stephens College and is consistently nationally ranked as one of the most affordable communities in which to reside. The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, is home to 20 sports and employs approximately 225 full-time and 450 part-time individuals. The University of Missouri seeks a diverse work force and is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action, pro disabled and veteran employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. The university will recruit and employ qualified personnel and will provide equal opportunities during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified person with a disability.