Digital Production Coordinator
Discovery Communications, Inc.
Discovery is seeking a Production Coordinator in New York, New York to assist our Digital Production Management team. This organized go getter will provide production support on new and existing projects as well as traffic and manage the flow of video deliverables through all phases of production from inception to launch across all digital and social platforms.
1. Track video delivery schedule across brands and clearly communicate anticipated and unanticipated problems and assist in trouble-shooting and help resolve.
2. Process delivered videos - requesting metadata and images and publishing to platform based on programming strategy
3. Support Senior Production Manager in logistical planning, budgeting, and administrative upkeep includes reviewing and negotiating budgets, schedules and deliverables lists for both internal and external productions
4. On-board and setup 3rd party production companies
5. Setup and onboard crew for internal productions
6. Coordinate and support internal shoots - in studio and in the field (draft call sheets, draft schedules, coordinate crew meals, etc.)
7. Draft, maintain and request contracts and paperwork for external and internal productions, including, but not limited to Independent Contractor Agreements, Release Forms, Location Agreements, etc.
8. Oversee freelance Production Assistant
9. Coordinate available space and manage the team internal shoot schedule
10. Process & track project invoices and reconcile expenses
11. Work closely with content editors, producers and video operations to maximize resources and find efficiencies
12. Establish and maintain relationships with Creative Team, Video Operations Team, Editorial Team, Social Team, Ad Sales and Business and Legal Affairs.
13. Maintain Production Company and Freelancer contact sheets for department.
14. Maintain department project files and hard drives
15. Assist Senior Production Director and Manager on ad-hoc assignments
16. Assist with upkeep of digital video production processes and handbook
Experience / Skills
* You have 2+ years of experience in digital video programming and production with Bachelor’s degree in production, communications, marketing or a related field strongly desired.
* You are a self-starter and have the ability to take direction from more than one individuals
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
* You monitor timelines and adjust work as needed to achieve incredible success.
* You are a strong spoken/written communicator with strong organizational skills
* You're just as passionate as we are about our brands (Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel and more).
* Experience in Premiere (video codecs and platforms), Adobe Suite, Excel, Sharepoint and Content Management Systems is a plus.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States