At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of the School of Cinematic Arts (SCA), the Manager, Industry Engagement is responsible to promote and market the School of Cinematic Arts. Responsible for raising SCA's overall profile within the industry and to analyze, recommend recruitment and marketing strategies and identifying initiatives for SCA.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Manage and develop new initiatives to increase the awareness of the School of Cinematic Arts to external audiences including prospective students and professionals in the film and television industry.
• Serve as liaison between the school and industry to increase program rankings in related trade publications.
• Design, develop, and implement a comprehensive national strategy to increase the quantity and quality of student internship opportunities with key players in the industry.
• Advise students on industry internships.
• Develop, implement and oversee a film festival submission strategy for completed student films, Project Bluelight films, and SCA Indy Film Studio films.
• Travel is required to attend film festivals such as Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and others.
• Develop, implement and oversee alumni profiles to develop industry connections, and to recruit alumni to participate in SCA events such as LA Quarter, VAS, and others.
• Assist with the recruitment of industry professionals for the Visiting Artist Series (VAS), Verite, Courier 12, Frame by Frame and other events, skills based workshops, and seminar.
• Assist in developing an artist in resident program.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or experience in cinema, film, public relations, sales or marketing.
• 7 - 10 years professional film industry experience.
• Film industry sales or marketing experience.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Master's degree.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
• Excellent organizational and networking skills.
• Excellent data analysis and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate ongoing relationships with studio executives and industry professionals.
• Working knowledge of audience research and market analysis, TV and film corporate management, and festival management.
• Strong command of industry terminology.
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, and respond quickly to change.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.
Requires a flexible schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends and holidays. Requires minimal to extensive travel at varied times.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.