About the Position
Performs intermediate technical work for Current TV, Dare County's collaborative Government and Education Access Channels entity. The Television Producer works to develop and produce programs and video content for the Government and Education access channels, assists in managing and maintaining social media accounts, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the Government Education TV Channel Manager.
- Conceptualizes, writes, produces, shoots and edits segments and programs for the Government and Education TV channels.
- Works with the Channel Manager, member municipalities and other government and education entities to develop segment and program topics.
- Delivers finished video files encoded properly for distribution on the Government-Education Channels, video on demand, and social media outlets.
- Utilizes state of the art motion graphics software to produce program opens and promotional segments.
- Oversees and assists freelance and contract personnel in various stages of production projects.
- Assists with proper storage, check-out and use of all Government-Education TV equipment.
- Assists with archiving media files as needed to maintain a clear and accessible media archive.
- Provides video and operational support during emergency action situations which may require overnight and extensive working hours and stays in Emergency Operations Center.
- Assists with managing and maintaining of the Government-Education Channels social media marketing platforms and sites.
- Assists with training of all new Government-Education TV Producers.
- Assists with Government-Education Channel administrative work and note keeping.
- Maintains professional and collaborative working relationships with internal and external government and education entities and community members.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Skills
Motivated self starter, great communicator, strong organizational skills, and a strong proficiency in general television production, equipment, and processes including the operation of cameras, lighting, audio, and editing, and the ability to manage a variety of tasks effectively and in a timely manner. Ability to tell visual stories in both narrative and documentary style formats, using state of the art video production techniques and video editing and/or motion graphic software. Professional experience utilizing the Adobe Production Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effect, and Photoshop) in video production. Ability to communicate with audiences via social media platforms and extract, interpret, and utilize analytic data from social media; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with workplace associates and the general public.
-Education, Experience and Supplemental Information
-Bachelor's degree with coursework in video production and/or communications, with 3 years of experience in video production, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous -On-Air experience preferred.
-Applicants must provide a demo reel of their work, with their respective duties in the video shown clearly labeled. Applicants must also provide a cover letter and resume.
-Valid driver's license in the State of North Carolina.
FAA Part 107 Certified is desired but not required.
About Current TV / Dare County
CURRENTTV is a collaboration to provide quality informational programming through two channels, the CURRENTTV Government and the CURRENTTV-Education. It is supported by the towns of Duck, Southern Shores, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head and Manteo, as well as Dare County Government, Dare County Schools, UNC Coastal Studies Institute and College of The Albemarle.
The channels are operated by the Government Education Access Channels Committee, which is composed of a representative from each participating entity.
CURRENTTV operates in the Dare County Administration building where it maintains a well equipped production studio where participating entities record programming for the two channels.