Job Requisition ID: 3516
Under the direction of the Digital Communications Manager, the Multimedia Designer is responsible for the full aspect of digital production including recording, editing and producing final audio and video projects. The Multimedia Designer will design and create still and motion graphics for video using stock elements and/or originally created elements. Video productions include state-of-the-art multi-camera studio production and film-style location production. Studio production includes green screen augmented reality video production. The Multimedia Designer will ensure that all aspects of the video project are consistent with IEHP’s brand and style guidelines, and they enhance the content and messaging. To develop all materials requested, the Multimedia Designer will work with applicable departments to develop the creative criteria (during brainstorm meetings) and work with the Digital Communications and Communications teams to ensure all projects are completed and delivered on time.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Plan, set-up, record (including camera and talent directing), edit, and produce all assigned digital (including audio and video) projects.
2. As part of the Digital Communications Team, produce and/or direct and/or crew live and “live-to-tape” television studio projects that may include remote guests via Skype or Facetime, and may be broadcast live.
3. Manipulate and edit video/film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
4. Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic projects.
5. Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables.
6. Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
7. Collaborate on a creative brief to articulate production team’s needs and specifications.
8. Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
9. Assist in designing and creating storyboards.
10. Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video/film.
11. Input music, dialogue, narration, graphics and effects.
12. Create rough and final cuts.
13. Prepare and export final videos for publishing.
14. Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
15. Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
16. Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic, video and audio files.
17. Continuously discover and implement new editing and motion graphics technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
18. Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design and video production and post-production techniques.
19. Provide digital photography services as needed.
20. Ensure compliance with IEHP guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
21. Work with the Digital Production Specialist to update projects and ensure all timelines and deliverables are met.
22. Manage time while working on multiple projects at once, being aware of the limitations and realities of both schedules and budgets.
23. Participate actively as a member of a team that is growing and evolving.
Starting Salary: $61,609.00 - $78,520.00
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Experience / Skills
• Four years of proven working experience in video production and post-production
• Solid experience with digital production technology (video cameras, DSLRs, lighting, audio, etc.) and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, Avid Media Composer, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop, Audition, Maxon Cinema 4D); Experience with Ross Carbonite switcher, Ross Xpression graphics and virtual systems preferred.
• Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
• Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required. In video/film production, digital communications, film studies, cinematography, or related field.
Drivers License Required
Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc.
Sensitive to a multi-cultural environment.
Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization.
Hearing: One-on-One - FREQUENTLY
Communicate: Information/ideas verbally - FREQUENTLY
Near Visual Acuity - FREQUENTLY
Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor - FREQUENTLY
Keyboarding: Traditional - FREQUENTLY
Keyboarding: Touch-Screen - FREQUENTLY
Keyboarding: 10-Key - FREQUENTLY
Sitting - CONSTANTLY
Lighting - CONSTANTLY
Indoors - FREQUENTLY
Memory - FREQUENTLY
Understand and follow direction - FREQUENTLY
Regular and reliable attendance - CONSTANTLY
About Inland Empire Health Plan
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.