Audio Visual Services Technician
California Baptist University
Reporting to the Audio Visual Services Manager, the Audio Visual Services Technician directs and coordinates state-of-the-art audio visual support services for all campus events. The Audio Visual Services Technician will maintain/upgrade equipment, operate multimedia equipment and troubleshoot problems. The position works cooperatively with the Office of Conferences and Events to ensure seamless delivery of services and is responsible for performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans, schedules and supports audio visual service needs throughout CBU’s main campus for inside and outside clients, including conferences, lectures, meetings, performances and special events.
2. Consults with users on event needs and makes audio visual equipment and labor recommendations.
3. Act as an additional point of contact and conduct tours of campus facilities for potential clients.
4. Interact with clients in anticipation of and during events, ensuring the highest level of quality and customer service for all conferences, events and services.
5. Assist with the planning and implementation of annual major campus events such as Commencement, New Student Orientation and Homecoming (and, as appropriate, other large-scale events).
6. Prepares facilities for requested audio visual services and troubleshoots media-related concerns.
7. Trains users in equipment usage.
8. Maintains equipment inventories, monitors equipment check-out/return, and recommends system upgrades.
9. Operates complex, state-of-the-art sound, lighting and media presentation systems.
10. Assists with webcasts, podcasts, video and audio teleconferences.
11. Provide theatrical designs in the areas of scenic, staging, rigging, lighting and sound as needed, in consultation with internal and external clients.
12. Coordinate staffing needs for special events.
13. Engage in research for the purchase of audio, lighting, and video equipment.
14. Recruit, train and supervise the training of student workers on Sound, Lighting, Staging and rigging as it pertains to classroom A/V technology and all internal/external events.
15. Assists in map creation and layout for events.
16. Oversees and assists setups for Conferences and Events across campus.
17. Repair and maintenance audio, video, and lighting equipment regularly.
18. Repair and maintenance of C&E equipment including tables, chairs, golf carts, etc.
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time student workers, in order to complete work assignments
Experience / Skills
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
Ability to work evenings and/or weekends, depending on event schedule.
Knowledge of convention services, the hospitality business camps, conferences or other service-related venues.
Skill in the use of personal computers, both Windows and Apple operating systems, and related software applications, including Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of classroom technology systems, including, but not limited to: Extron, Crestron, and AMX systems.
Knowledge of rigging, staging, lighting and sound design.
A thorough knowledge of: business English and arithmetic, as well as general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to quickly troubleshoot and repair multimedia equipment.
Strong organizational skills, and detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and schedule work assignments.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to organize and coordinate meetings and/or special events.
Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
-Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to three years’ related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and successful experience in a related field.