Amazon Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of Prime Video that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content. Every day we face the challenges of a fast paced market and expanding technology set. As a member of the Prime Video team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
We'd love to have you join us and build the systems, services, and apps that delight our end users. We build apps for the web, mobile phones, tablets, smart TVs, game consoles, and set top boxes. Using advanced machine learning and data mining techniques, we help our customers discover the best movies and TV shows. We measure data in Petabytes and streaming in Exabytes. We obsess over big picture problems like "How do we deliver video that’s more reliable than the internet it's delivered over?" to low level details like "How do we squeeze maximum picture quality out of every bit delivered?" We strive to be on the forefront of new consumer technologies like UHD TV and High Dynamic Range video. We build huge scale distributed systems on the AWS cloud to make sure our service is always reliable for our customers. We use computer vision and machine learning techniques to build rich metadata about videos, and partner closely with teams like IMDb to let customers explore deeper into the TV and movies they love. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that’s doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
Amazon Prime Video delivers movies and TV shows instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles, and TVs worldwide. We have opportunities for talented engineers, designers, testers, product managers, and technical leaders to join our development teams in Seattle to work on global features in our web services platform. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative, and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide.
As an Amazon software manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, and operations of critical services that power the Amazon Prime Video experience across devices . A successful candidate will have an established track record in launching highly available customer-facing services and experiences, deep technical ability, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, an ability and desire to achieve results in a fast-paced environment, high creativity and, of course, a passion for bringing a world class entertainment experience to Amazon customers.
Experience / Skills
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 5+ years people management experience
· Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, from the new college hire engineer to an executive audience
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age