Overview: Gravity Media is seeking a Stage Manager. The Stage Manager is responsible for the lighting and other technical arrangements in live to tape productions. Works with the Technical Services Manager and Gravity Media’s ecosystem to manage projects and maintain overall product quality and organization. This position will be based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Occasionally there will be long hours, early openings or late evenings.
Our ideal Stage Manager will have a great personality, good communicator, and skilled within a client-facing position. We're looking for a fun, hardworking person who loves what they do to join our team!
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently as a supervisor and as a team member with all departments.
- Directs and supervises production staff while ensuring a safe and efficient working environment
- Safely and effectively manages the load in and load out of production elements to stage
- Ensures the event is on schedule
- Familiarity with all standard industry technical protocols, safety standards, and best practices.
- Assist set-up of Backline, Audio gear, Lighting gear, Video gear, set pieces and any additional production element relevant to the event production
- Communicates with the clients to ensure their motion capture needs are being met
- Attend advance meetings with venue, vendors or artist as needed
- Disseminate show information to appropriate departments and staff as needed
- Help on site with logistics and last-minute challenges
Experience / Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in event production and stage management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly organized.
- Ability to work long hours, with various personality types
- Must be able to think and react quickly and creatively in unique situations requiring professionalism and composure
- Excellent knowledge of technical aspects of event production
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with facility operations
- Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds.
About Gravity Media
Gravity Media is a brand-new company with a 30-year pedigree, formed by the coming together of four established broadcast and production houses: Gearhouse Broadcast, HyperActive Broadcast, Input Media and Chief Entertainment.
Our broadcast packages are both modular and integrated, meaning we can flex our offering to match your requirements. Come to us for a single service, or a complete end-to-end solution.