Studio Camera Operator
• Assembling and setting up camera equipment to guarantee production moves smoothly and stays on schedule.
• Know and apply the technical aspects of lenses, film, filters, light and camera settings to each shot to ensure the client gets the effect he or she wants.
• Maintain, clean and test all broadcasting equipment and cameras to ensure every tool is in good working order each day before production starts.
• Watch filming sets closely to determine if problems are present in regard to camera angles and lighting and notify the supervisor about issues.
• Remain updated on new technology and current industry trends to ensure the latest methods to the job.
• Liaising with lighting and technical staff.
• Resolve technical or practical issues
• Providing practical and creative input to pre-production
Experience / Skills
• Technical degree in broadcasting, digital electronics or any related field
• Proven experience as camera operator
• SBE or SMPTE certification(s)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with basic office equipment
• Responding quickly to directions
• Experience operating relevant equipment.
• Ability to think and act quickly
• A team player
• Attention to detail
• Ability to sit, reach outward or above the shoulder, stand, walk, handle with fingers, stand, bend, and stoop.
• Ability to operate a keyboard, view a video display terminal screen, ability to use telephone equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 20 pounds and push or pull up to 25 pounds.
About Gravity Media
Gravity Media is a brand-new company with a 30-year pedigree, formed by the coming together of four established broadcast and production houses: Gearhouse Broadcast, HyperActive Broadcast, Input Media and Chief Entertainment.
Our broadcast packages are both modular and integrated, meaning we can flex our offering to match your requirements. Come to us for a single service, or a complete end-to-end solution.