ARRI Inc. is looking for an experienced, energetic and highly motivated Lens Service Technician with strong attention to details and a focus on quality, at our new, state-of-the-art service center in Burbank, California.
The Lens Service Technician is a full-time position responsible for timely repairs of ARRI, Zeiss and other professional cinema lenses. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and hardworking individual to be a part of the leading manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Performing highly technical and precise repairs, evaluating the performance, condition and quality control of new and used cinema camera lenses
• Troubleshooting and identifying equipment issues, and providing estimates of repairs for clients
• Maintenance and repair of all ARRI Cine Lenses, including third party manufacturers
• Providing technical phone support on service-related issues and customer repair questions
• Keeping track of parts and supplies, and working with the service manager to maintain stock
• Occasionally make customer and set visits to troubleshoot/repair company products
• Work with the global service organization to support the worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
• Participate in demos and workshops on camera & lens equipment for potential clients and support in-house staff training
Experience / Skills
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 6 years in Optical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent hands-on industry knowledge and, after the initial training period, will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing equipment used in the industry.
• Experience in servicing and repairing professional cinema lenses, video lenses, and full frame lenses from Zeiss, Fujinon, Angenieux, Cooke, Leica, Canon, and others
• Understanding of digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post-production environment
• Exceptional optical and mechanical skills
• Basic knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software, and MAC OS
• Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters
• Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and clients respectfully
• Willingness to travel internationally, as necessary, to headquarters and manufacturers, visiting customers, trade shows and set locations
• Organization and attention to detail
We measure our success by customer satisfaction, our industry reputation, and the development and professional growth.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. ARRI Inc. offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation, holiday and sick/personal leave, as well as a 401k and profit sharing plan.
ARRI INC. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Company History
ARRI Inc. is the US subsidiary of Arnold & Richter Cine Technik (A&R), located in Munich, Germany. A&R was founded in 1917 and is the largest manufacturer of professional motion picture equipment in the world. From the very early days of cinematography, A&R has been involved in all aspects of the professional motion picture equipment industry – engineering, design and manufacturing, production, special effects and post-production, sound and film laboratory services, and production equipment rental.
Our range of manufactured products and technologies includes the ALEXA Digital Camera, Lenses and accessories, the new L-7 LED Fresnel and a full range of location and studio lighting fixtures, and our Academy Award winning ARRILASER and ARRISCAN equipment for post-production.
These products and supporting services are offered through a network of subsidiary companies, international representatives and service companies. ARRI supports approximately 1200 employees worldwide.
ARRI, Inc. was founded in 1978 and is the largest of the ARRI Group companies, servicing the US, Canada, Mexico and Latin American markets with the complete range of ARRI products from facilities in New York, California, Florida, and Toronto, Canada. In 2011 ARRI Canada Limited in Toronto, Canada joined the ARRI Inc. group.
We are responsible for all aspects of sales and marketing – from receiving shipments from the factory to advertising and public relations, and to selling our products through a network of professional dealers and/or directly to end users. Our Service Department provides technical service and equipment repair nationwide, and maintains a large inventory of spare parts for other professional service companies to draw from. We also represent the ARRI Group at three major international trade shows in the US each year: the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters), Cine Gear, LDI (Lighting Dimensions International), as well as smaller trade shows in Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, and Mexico.
ARRI Rental (aka Camera Service Center, Inc./CSC), located in Secaucus, NJ and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was added to the ARRI Group in 1987. ARRI Rental is the largest full-service equipment rental company in the US, supplying commercial, feature, episodic TV and other productions with camera, lighting, grip, power and transportation. CSC prides itself on having not only the most extensive but also the best-maintained inventory in its field.
Illumination Dynamics (ID) located in San Fernando Valley, CA and Charlotte, North Carolina became a subsidiary of ARRI CSC in 2002, thereby joining the ARRI group of companies. ID has become an innovative industry leader in providing lighting, grip, power distribution and generators to the motion picture, live broadcast and special event industries. ID carries a full line of ARRI HMI and tungsten lighting, American grip stands and hardware, UL-listed outdoor power distribution systems, Peterson cable ramps, theatrical lighting, truss, grip trucks of all sizes, and movie-silent generators ranging in size from 200 amp to 3000 amp – both towable and drivable.
As a leader in its industry, ARRI not only supplies products and services but also contributes generously by supporting and sponsoring many educational programs at film schools, workshops and seminars.
While there are many ways to measure ARRI's contributions and success, perhaps none states it more impressively than the seventeen awards we have received from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Even though all this may portray us as a "hardware company," our primary business is SERVICE. Think of it this way: once we have sold a product to a customer it may appear that we have completed our task, but not so. From the customer's viewpoint the relationship is just beginning! The customer will measure our product and us on the service we provide over the life of the equipment -- and there lies our challenge!