Kingland is looking for an experienced, versatile Studio Manager to oversee the day to day operations of a world-class video and audio facility.
What You’ll Do:
• Be the resident expert across all studio functionality including: facilities, audio and video equipment, software, archival and connectivity.
• First point of contact with internal, external production resources and clientele who will be utilizing the studio, ensuring the highest levels of customer service are upheld.
• Uphold and execute Kingland Productions best practices resource guidelines.
• Maintain a master schedule for all technical spaces to ensure maximum productivity of the studio.
• Assist internal and external audio engineers to conduct recording sessions as needed.
• Assist internal and external technical video personnel with control room setups, studio lighting guidance and power requirements as needed.
• Work with accounting to setup accounts with external production resource vendors such as equipment rental houses, grip, studio musicians, acting talent, and catering, etc.
• Setup and maintain production related cloud-based subscriptions.
• When applicable; install, maintain, operate and troubleshoot technical equipment.
• Monitor and maintain technical spaces, ensuring all rooms and equipment are in working order and updated with the latest software/firmware. This includes scheduling video and audio engineers to perform these tasks when necessary.
• Ensure all rooms and technical spaces are maintained in a clean and orderly fashion. This includes making sure the client lounge and kitchen areas are clean and stocked.
• Make sure all equipment is accounted for and safely stored when not in use. Including a running equipment inventory database with model & serial numbers and location within the facility.
• Oversee the setup, tear down and maintenance of sets, props, musical equipment, and any other production related practical resources.
• Work closely with Producers to make sure all production shoots are prepped and completed in a professional manner, ensuring a positive on-set experience for everyone involved.
• Assemble and manage "teams" of freelance staff to complete assignments as needed.
• Understanding of, and ability to create, analyze & review budgets.
• Constantly assess process effectiveness, develop and implement workflow optimizations for Kingland Productions.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and recommend software/hardware solutions to improve video and audio publishing operations.
• Prepare reports and/or provide documentation as requested
• Any additional duties assigned by the EVP of Content.
• Work with the Production Coordinator to scale and optimize existing workflows.
What You'll Get:
• The opportunity to work in a world class studio facility, designed by one of the best technical and acoustical architect firms in the world.
• The opportunity to work in a relaxed, creative environment full of happy people who enjoy coming to work.
• The chance to work at a fast-growing, very successful company, where new opportunities, and new initiatives, happen every day. You won't get bored!
• Work with a strong team of professionals dedicated to making great content we'll all be proud of.
• Generous vacation and paid holidays
• 401(k) company match
• 8 hours of paid volunteer time annually
• 3 weeks paid parental leave after the birth or adoption of a child
• Wellness reimbursement for gym equipment and apparel
• Access to free on-site fitness and recreation center
• Company match of up to $1,000 annually for charitable donations
• Free on-site covered parking
• Access to company dining facility
Send your resume along with link to your reel or portfolio and we'll be in touch!
Experience / Skills
• While a bachelor’s degree is a preference, we equally value real, hands-on
experience in a similar role.
• A minimum of 3+ years of video production/studio operations experience.
• High technical aptitude and operational experience with video and audio equipment.
• Enthusiastic attitude towards learning and growing your skill set.
• Great attitude with an optimistic personality, not afraid to troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
• Extensive working knowledge of all phases of Pre-Production, Production and Postproduction.
• Creative problem solver with high aptitude for prioritizing tasks, including ability to manage schedules, workflows and time sensitive projects simultaneously.
• Ability to interface with all practices including Marketing, Creative & Business Development.
• Strong organizational and communication abilities.
• Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization at all levels.
• Passion for video and audio equipment while utilizing video production best practices.
Kingland Productions specializes in creating custom content for all digital and linear channels. For the past decade, the founding team has been hard at work building award-winning digital experiences. Pushing the limits of innovation, Kingland Productions connects the dots for clients by delivering compelling and entertaining content which creates more opportunities for growing their audience and more effectively building and monetizing their brands.