We are looking for a self-motivated, seasoned live show producer with experience in a live event production environment – theatre, television, conferences - and a solid background in event design and technical expertise.
Our top candidate will excel at producing live events and stage productions, be able to develop strong relationships with clients, act as a consultant who shares insights and best practices, respond to RFPs with ease, and remain cool under pressure. This is a DC-based position. Applicants must include a cover letter to be considered.
A successful candidate will also…
• Develop and manage client relationships and contracts to ensure delivery of exceptional service
• Manage the production planning process and necessary assets (production timelines, show flow and scripts, room diagrams, and other support documentation) for live events
• Develop and add expertise to each client production by creating unique ways to deliver a message or program segment, editing scripts, maintaining cue sheets, and ideating new audience engagement techniques
• Contribute to the creative process by developing scenic ideas, unique ways to display & design graphics and visual content, theme concepts, storytelling, and more
• Manage the onsite execution process for internal and external events to include leading a large production team, show-calling, talent rehearsals, labor management, venue logistics, concurrent session management and vendor relations
• Manage the follow-up process and continued client communications for the contracted event
• Have a strong understanding of event audio visual equipment, lighting, rigging, scenic and union labor requirements
• Capture event success stories for Marketing purposes
• Be proficient in MS word, Excel, Adobe PhotoShop, internet file sharing and possibly have the ability to work in CAD, Meeting Matrix, Google Sketch to produce drawings and room diagrams
• Photography, Scriptwriting, scenic render experience a plus
Experience / Skills
• At least four (4) years work experience, in a fast-paced production, entertainment and / or event environment
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• The ability to juggle multiple projects successfully while adhering to stressful situations and tight deadlines
• Be able to work as an individual and in a collaborative team environment
• The ability to travel up to 30% of the time, which includes long hours and an irregular schedule
• Enthusiasm for the business and want to work with a team of individuals who love what they do
About LAI Live
We are a team of Event Producers and Designers that travel the U.S. with our clients, producing top-notch awards shows, concerts, gala's, general sesssions and more!