George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), located on the Fairfax, Va., campus, invites applications for a Senior Producer/Director position within the award-winning George Mason University Television (GMU-TV) team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The successful candidate will have a collaborative nature at the core, but have the ability to work independently with clients and assess their production needs and then develop/concept and execute appropriate media/production solutions, while meeting deadlines and clearly communicating expectations to clients and colleagues.
The successful candidate must demonstrate a passion and proficiency in all aspects of video production (from pre to post) with a particularly strong skill set developing creative ideas/concepts that meet the needs of our diverse clients, and the ability to follow through with the execution of those ideas.
The successful candidate must exhibit a high level of creativity, productivity, and strong understanding of storytelling. The candidate needs to have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, a passion for learning new skills and improving their existing ones.
• A degree in broadcasting, production, communication or multimedia design or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience;
• Expertise in scriptwriting, copywriting, or creative directing (especially in the areas of documentary, educational, or corporate production);
• Very well organized and responsible for production planning, coordination and scheduling;
• Expertise in the operation of professional studio and field production equipment;
• Demonstrated excellent digital cinematography skills;
• Expert knowledge and experience in directing; lighting, audio acquisition, and videography techniques in field and studio situations; nonlinear editing; video compression, basic equipment troubleshooting and equipment maintenance;
• Ability to work independently and with GMU-TV team members to ensure quality, on-time and within budget delivery with every production;
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines under direct supervision and independently;
• Significant demonstrated professional video production, or producer/director experience;
• Able and willing to work and interact with a diverse group of clients and colleagues;
• Able and willing to work flexible shifts;
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs;
• Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time; and
• Valid and current driver's license.
• Three or more years demonstrated professional video production, or producer/director experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Macs, and Microsoft Office; and
• Experience designing 2d/3d graphics and motion graphics.
Salary is up to $65,000; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers, flextime schedules, facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs, and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 02041z by January 31, 2020; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references.References must include name, email address and phone number.
A URL link to a demo reel or sample of work should be provided in either the cover letter or the resume. This URL link is further required to receive full consideration.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.