The Satellite Operator will ensure that the integrity and quality of all Satellite Transmissions, both Domestic and/or International for Telemundo Network are within department standards. Provide support as related to any field operations needs during operational hours and in times of crisis. Provide support to any personnel working on assigned projects or remote locations.
-Ensures that the integrity and quality of all Satellite Transmissions, both Domestic and/or International for Telemundo Network are within department standards.
-Ability to identify potential risks in Production Plans in remote conditions. Have the ability to identify weather conditions and/or security risk and prepare accordingly.
-Ability to adjust decisively to adverse situations during "Live" International Transmissions and have the knowledge and ability to communicate changes to the production team with clarity.
-Understanding of NBC Satellite Operations SOPs and understanding of the Telemundo/NBC synergy.
-Travel and prepare broadcast events without or on very short notice. Able to react to news current events without complete information. Ability to self-manage and forecast how production teams may react.
-Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Skills
• College degree in communications, television production or related field, and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in TV production / operations
• Knowledge of transmission systems
• Strong relationship and communication skills
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Ability to multitask, react, solve problems and obtain results under pressures of television production and broadcasts.
• Ability to interact with a variety of individuals including management, employees, and outside vendors/consultants.
• Must be detail-oriented self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to remain composed and professional under demanding circumstances.
• Prior experience working in a team environment.
• Able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a high pressure environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments, clients and vendors.
• Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of Telemundo Field Operations
• Department, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
• Bilingual (English & Spanish)