Reporting to the CEO, the Communications & Outreach Officer is responsible for the day-to-day brand management, media relations, public relations, and communications functions of the ESIO including corporate communications, social media and website content.
In addition to communications management, the Communications & Outreach Officer will collaborate with the CEO and other ESIO staff to lead the planning, design, and execution of all ESIO workshops and events. This includes managing all aspects of event logistics, from crafting event plans, managing budgets, and developing creative visions, to sourcing venues and entertainment, coordinating catering and A/V, and managing guest lists.
Other responsibilities include promotion of the screen media industries, development of communication and outreach strategies and volunteer management.
The ideal candidate will also have a background and/or work experience in the field of interactive digital media such as video games, mobile apps or AR/VR applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. The ESIO encourages diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted salary range is in Canadian dollars.
Experience / Skills
• Diploma or Degree in communications, public relations, business or related discipline.
• Proven track record of success, with a minimum of 3 years experience in managing communications.
• Experience in the screen industries (film, TV and interactive digital media) is considered an asset.
• Familiarity with technology/software designed for event planning is considered an asset.
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
• Superior interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment.
• Demonstrated planning and organization skills.
• Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills,
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Creative thinker with an eye for detail and design.
• Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Enthusiasm and adaptability.
• Strong budget management skills.
• Excellent verbal, public and written communication.
• Excellent time management skills.
• An out-going, people-oriented personality.
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours, as evening and weekend work may be required.
About Edmonton Screen Industries Office
The Edmonton Screen Industries Office Society (ESIO) is a not-for-profit organization established to help lead Edmonton Metro in becoming a national and international centre for screen media production excellence.