Director of Video Services - Athletics
Furman University Athletics
The Director of Video Services is responsible for overseeing Furman Athletics’ video streaming and broadcasting efforts, as well as coordinating videoboard operations at all venues for home athletic events and special events. The Director of Video Services supervises one position in broadcasting and video services and is a key member of the Game Day Operations and External Operations teams.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Supervise and coordinate “Paladin HD”, Furman’s live video streaming platform by ensuring that events are available for streaming according to schedule set by supervisor. Duties include streaming all scheduled events and archiving all events within 48 hours of the completion of the event. Oversees all broadcasts/streams in 7 venues per year (including campus events such as Commencement).
In conjunction with supervisor, work towards bringing the quality of Furman’s video streaming efforts up to a level where it meets the Southern Conference minimum standards with an overall goal of raising the quality where it is possible to also stream live events on ESPN3.
2. Assists the Creative Services team in the set-up studio (green screen, camera, teleprompter, audio & lighting) film, script and build graphic templates for next game reads, player headshots and interviews
3. Assist the Director of Creative Services in the creation of promotional videoboard graphics for Athletics and external events and in the development and production of promotional video for teams upon request.
4. Coordinate all activities necessary to run the video boards at Paladin Stadium during all football, and women’s lacrosse games, at Timmons Arena for all men’s and women’s basketball games and special events, and at Latham Stadium. Duties will include serving as the game day director, hiring and training staff to run cameras and other equipment, and coordinating the purchase of video equipment under the budget constraints provided by supervisor.
5. Compile video footage, edit and assist in producing an end-of-the-year highlight video featuring all Furman sports.
6. Serves as lead on all athletics technology projects
7. Works closely with Furman IT to troubleshoot and find solutions to problems
8. Supervises the Director of Broadcast Media
9. Responsible for staffing, training, and oversight of the game day production crew, including radio and broadcast/TV talent
10. Athletics Department Liaison to any and all broadcasting partners including but not limited to Local TV stations, ESPN, SoCon Digital Network, etc.
11. Oversees all of Furman Athletics maintenance and purchasing of equipment regarding broadcasting.
12. Oversee all video replay equipment used for official reviews.
13. Manages the video services/broadcasting budgets.
14. Perform other duties as assigned in support of the goals and objectives of the Athletics Department
Experience / Skills
Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years of related video experience is required.
Excellent communication and organization skills.
Video production, editing, and filming experience.