This position requires a strong working knowledge of video production, team leading skills, & good communication. As a Video Production Lead, the main job function involves setup, operation & teardown of video gear in addition to communicating with event managers and clients at times to determine the production gear, staff and operational needs of an event. The person in this position will determine and manage budgets to execute the job. This position will take on being responsible for staff direction for larger scale events with the need for an overarching Technical Lead. On-site, the Video Production Lead will oversee technical staff and part-time or contract workers to ensure work is done on time and to client specifications.
When not working on specific events this position will be expected to perform warehouse duties, gear prep/restore for other events and help out on other events when required. This position directly trains with the department lead to train on interpersonal skills and leadership required for advancement into management. Must have a strong background in video production including virtual elements; streaming platforms, video conferencing, etc.
Executing production events as a technical lead and/or staff member
- Manage on-site event staff including full time staff, contractors and/or union labor
- Setting up and operating Video equipment
- Acts as a supporting role to other departments or show functions as needed
Interfaces with clients and project managers.
- Determines job scope and technical needs based on client event needs
- Determines production staff required to execute event
Drafts, proposes and negotiates quotes with client
Prepares and maintains gear and equipment in the warehouse for each event. This also includes the regular maintenance of inventory and repairing equipment.
Warehouse inventory maintenance using R2 / Flex
Experience / Skills
Associate degree or equivalent experience required. Four years’ experience in A/V production or related fields with one year in a leadership role. Bachelor’ degree in theatre arts or A/V preferred. CTS preferred. Seeking someone with knowledge of the following:
• video production & implementation
• virtual event production, including, but not limited to, video conferencing
• live streaming, virtual platforms, transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems
• media production, communication, dissemination techniques & methods
• LED setup & operation including processing
• all aspects of production technology other than video (audio, lighting, rigging)
• IT fundamentals & networking as it applies to production needs
• Inventory control systems (such as R2 & Flex)
• Safe working practice (PPE, Fall Protection, etc.)
• Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
• Video Production switchers; Blackmagic ATEM 1 M/E, Ross Carbonite
• Virtual event and/or streaming platforms, Zoom, Teams, Vimeo, OBS
• Switching software programs such as V Mix, ReStream, etc.
• A multiple of operations systems: Windows & Mas OS
• LED operation specifically Absen & Novastar
• Running overall audio, video & lighting productions
• Managing projects with tight deadlines
• Negotiating with clients, determining needs based on client requests
• Interacting in professional environments
• Advising others on production technology and inventory system use
• Critical thinking; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• To get a DOT medical card and drive a ’26 box truck and pickup/trailer combo
• Obtain a forklift certification
• Obtain basic first aid certification
• To work on an event site in a safe manner, which including taking instruction from senior staff
• Learn inventory tracking software (R2 & Flex)
• Troubleshoot production technology & assets on the fly
• Interact in a professional manner with a wide range of people, from exeutive level cleints to the general public from a wide range of businesses
• Travel 60% of the time
• Work non-business (evening & weekends) hours, as needed
About CSM Prodution
Founded in 1987, CSM Production is an award-winning event production company specializing in live shows, experiential operations, special events and corporate production.
With an authentic commitment to create lasting memories, CSM Production has served a myriad of Fortune 500 and national sports marketing clients across the nation, including Sprint, Wells Fargo, Lowe’s, Coca-Cola, Bank of America, Ford and Chevrolet, and major sports entities such as FOX Sports 1, NASCAR, IndyCar and NBA and NFL teams over the course of its 29-year-old history.