Operate, manage and support Studio and Production Control Room operations as well as supervise/direct technical personnel on larger productions. Provide reliable and accurate technical direction and show calling for live and recorded video productions on a project/event basis. Work directly with event producers and other staff to identify solutions to client scope and leverage and expand our technical offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute the output of live or recorded programs to match the look and feel of company brand
• Must possess capability to supervise and/or independently set up and operate control room and studio in order to facilitate productions.
• Control video switchers (hardware and software based) in real time.
• Calmly and accurately operate robotic cameras, graphics, audio mixer, lighting and computers.
• Work closely with clients and internal project managers to ensure their needs are met and offer creative solutions.
• Determine what equipment and capability is needed to execute a given production and work with project manager to secure crew and/or procurement of any necessary equipment.
• Work with internal support teams to maintain production calendar.
• Research, test and validate new options for production operational support. Develop recommendations and conclusions from information gathered, and present findings and recommendations to leadership team.
Experience / Skills
Skills & Qualifications
• Command of modern digital video production, equipment and processes; Proficiency with various video hardware, switchers and routers including MacOS, Blackmagic, WebEx, PVP, and other similar technologies.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player. Must have strong communications skills, be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments. A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical.
• Ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Intermediate engineering and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of IT and digital video, including compression, conversion, streaming, codecs and content delivery.
• Customer service orientation; Professional presence and superior client relationship skills
• Work effectively with executive leadership and production colleagues in a corporate environment
• Ability to switch from one project to another quickly and effectively; ability to quickly prioritize and reorganize events, projects and resources
• Should feel comfortable working with staging, facility operations and safety protocols.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production or related field, or experience in lieu of
• 5+ years’ experience in the corporate or broadcast television production industry coupled with strong technical aptitude.
• Experience with live and recorded studio production is required; Samples that demonstrate technical work for major clients are preferred
• Crew supervision experience
About CSM Prodution
Founded in 1987, CSM Production is an award-winning event production company specializing in live shows, experiential operations, special events and corporate production.
With an authentic commitment to create lasting memories, CSM Production has served a myriad of Fortune 500 and national sports marketing clients across the nation, including Sprint, Wells Fargo, Lowe’s, Coca-Cola, Bank of America, Ford and Chevrolet, and major sports entities such as FOX Sports 1, NASCAR, IndyCar and NBA and NFL teams over the course of its 29-year-old history.