KYTX-TV – Tyler, TX is searching for a Broadcast Engineer. The candidate selected for this position will have knowledge for the installation and maintenance of video, computer and network equipment located at the TEGNA Tyler, TX studios and transmitter site. The person will be required to interact well with staff from various departments, and to provide technical support to these departments as needed. This position reports directly to the Head of Technology and Operations. Do you know IT and broadcast?
• Provide the engineering design and assist with the building and installation of electronic systems/equipment as assigned
• Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
• Provide technical support to operational users
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Perform all technical work to engineering standards and practices
• Maintenance - Participate and contribute to a preventive maintenance program and schedule to provide the Clients with an efficient and reliable technical infrastructure.
• Will troubleshoot equipment and recommend appropriate solutions including vendor repair, in house repair or equipment replacement.
• Video, Audio and networking cable and connector construction and installation
• Manages own time to perform within defined schedule
• Responsible for redlining CAD and Visio documentation for as-built purposes
• Responsible for network configuration of all AV devices
• Responsible for filling out IP tables
• Responsible for managing and updating hardware and software versions and storing configurations in shared storage
• Assists other staff / engineers with field questions and clarifications
• Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs
• Provide assistance to other staff members when needed
• Availability to participate, respond to and manage 24x7 responses to emergency client needs in the rotating on call schedule. Responses could include a remote session from a computer to resolve the issue or a visit onsite.
• Perform other tasks as requested
• Provide excellent customer service with departments and team members
Experience / Skills
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person and Bomgar
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• Able to concentrate for long periods of time
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate's degree (AA) in electronics or technical preferred- Military experience would substitute education
• SBE certifications preferred
• Interest in obtaining company funded CTS-I, Cisco and SBE certifications
• Experience with computer systems, including Windows, Microsoft Office suite, and related industry software.
• Experience in structured wiring termination, rack fabrication, setup, and calibration of audio/video equipment and automation control systems
• Understanding of data networks, including WAN/LAN, DHCP, switching/routing, WiFi, topologies, and various protocol standards.
• A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques
• Ivanti – SCCM experience
• Desire and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• A commitment to continuing education in a fast-paced and always-changing industry.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong personal time management and problem-solving / troubleshooting skills.
• ENPS- Bitcentral- Production and Directing and Audio - VMWare knowledge
• A valid driver’s license.
• A professional appearance and demeanor
• Ability to lift/maneuver up to 50lbs and physical ability to frequently: bend, kneel, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
• Proper use of hand/power tools, ladders, and other site safety equipment.