Impact Communications is seeking a Production Assistant/Media Specialist to assist our production
team. This position works closely with video production crew and agency producers, providing production assistance in-house and on location. Additionally, this position is responsible for the archiving of digital assets.
Production Assistant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide a variety of production assistant duties as required, including:
- Transportation: (requires driver’s license with a clean driving record)
- Pack equipment and load van for video shoot (comfortably lift up to 50 lbs)
- Safely drive/operate full-size Ford F350 van (must be confident at maneuvering in tight spaces.)
- Delivers packages / equipment, makes deliveries
- Set PA: load/unload equipment, assist with set and light setups on-site
- Keep video footage take log
- May also shoot digital photography
• Maintain production and administrative records
• Research and source stock photography/footage for projects
• Assist with location scouting and prop shopping
• Report equipment defects and assist with routine maintenance
• Other duties as necessary
Digital Asset responsibilities:
• Download tapeless digital media and prep for edit sessions
• Digitize video footage as necessary
• Archive and maintain library of digital assets
• Catalog and maintain video library and elements boxes
• Output master media files
This job operates in a professional office environment and on set. This role regularly uses high-end cinema camera, cinema lighting, grip and gaff gear. This role also uses multiple software platforms for editing, motion design, editing, and colorgrading.
Travel both inside and outside the Cleveland area is expected for this position. Approximately 20%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. May be required to stand and sit for lengthy periods of time for field shoots and at a computer for editing. Carrying up to 50 lbs. for short distances.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Impact Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience / Skills
Requisite Experience and Capabilities:
• Bachelor’s degree (or working toward) in digital/electronic media or relevant field
• 3+ years relevant experience
• Skilled in media formats, conversions and technical specifications of media files; experienced with both Mac and PC platforms.
• Skill in Premiere Pro and FCP systems, Adobe After Effects, Media Encoder, Encore, Photoshop, Illustrator, Cinema 4D will be an added advantage.
• Candidate must be web and tech-savvy and also proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Knowledge or interest in camera, lighting, and grip equipment is required.
About Impact Communications
Impact is a team of creative and technical specialists who excel at video production, interactive multimedia, meeting and corporate event production, exhibits, motion graphics and illustration, and custom mobile and app development.