• Act as the lead producer and chief engineer for the St. John’s University Television Network (SJU-TV), the Red Storm’s digital-to-digital and digital-to-broadcast live and on-demand video platform.
• Deliver approximately 100 live athletic events per year to one or more broadcast/digital television networks (e.g. ESPN3, BIG EAST Digital Network) and/or the RedStormSports.com website, including the management of hardware, software, infrastructure and personnel, and oversight of the hiring, training and scheduling of all game-day employee and student positions.
• Coordinate production for the Red Storm Report television show and ensure a timely delivery of the 10-episode weekly series to a regional/national broadcast partner.
• Manage workflow for the production of an assortment of digital content, including but not limited to videoboard/marketing intros, online season and event previews, press conferences, feature stories, player profiles, highlight packages, season-in-review videos and short-form content for social media platforms.
• Oversee live production for all on-campus in-arena video, including men’s and women’s basketball games, volleyball contests and fencing events, and provide support for other University uses of the videoboards.
• Act as day-to-day liaison with the St. John’s College of Professional Studies Radio, Television and Film class student interns, professor and administrative personnel.
• Maintain and engineer the SJU-TV mobile production unit.
• Manage video archives and coordinate delivery of video footage to news outlets and sports networks upon request.
• Other video operations duties as assigned.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Relations, Stephen Dombroski by clicking on the orange "External Application" button above.
Experience / Skills
Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, video production, Radio/TV/Film, communications or related field preferred. Relevant undergraduate experience in the field of professional or collegiate athletic communications required. Experience with digital video hardware (e.g. NewTek, Ross, Canon, Daktronics), software (e.g. Adobe, Avid), infrastructure and personnel necessary for live and on-demand H.D. sports production, transmission and archiving preferred. Must have an understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
About St. John's Athletics
About St. John’s University Department of Athletics
St. John’s sponsors 17 varsity athletic programs with proud and storied traditions. A charter member of the BIG EAST Conference, the Red Storm has won 10 league championships since the BIG EAST realigned in 2013-14 and has continued to serve as one of the nation’s most competitive conferences. Located in the entertainment and media capital of the world, the Red Storm bears the moniker of “New York’s Team” with the men’s basketball squad playing a percentage of its home games at “The World’s Most Famous Arena,” Madison Square Garden.