We are seeking an ambitious and agile Director / DP with 5+ years of commercial production experience. The ideal candidate is a confident and creative individual who can operate as a ‘one-man-production-band’ and effectively manage all aspects of production & camera operation on set. Our productions are often four-man crews; however, understanding the entire production process is essential.
At Lemonlight we strive to make the operations seamless to ensure that you, the client, and the team has a great experience. Here are a few major perks that we provide for all of our current freelancers:
- We handle the entire client process, pre-production, production guidelines, and post-production.
- Your responsibility is only dedicated to the time on-set shooting.
- We know what we want and always define it clearly for you; we have over 5,000 past video examples.
- We work with your schedule; we want to make it easy to fill extra calendar days.
- Interface with internal and external clients while managing on-set operations
- Technically proficient & self-sufficient camera operator with experience shooting, lighting, and sound recording.
- Conducting interviews with clients & customers for mini-documentary style videos and/or testimonials
- Act as the primary cinematographer and camera operator for all shoots in your area
- Able to assemble & manage additional crew/support for larger scale projects
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, multi-tasking and creative at the same time
- Passionate about storytelling and making things look beautiful
- Customer service is our utmost priority so it's imperative that you're patient with the clients. Someone warm and personable, a strong communicator with enthusiasm for their craft is ideal.
This is a Director / DP job for on set productions only. Client management, including all pre-production and post production, is done by our full-time team here in Los Angeles.
We believe the success of a company starts with its core team. Creativity and culture fit are more important than raw footage or a name-brand client.
Experience / Skills
Qualifications and Skills:
- Five plus years of experience and proficiency as a cinematographer
- Must own or have access to a lighting package, camera, and audio equipment
- Must have own transportation
- Most importantly, we are looking for someone warm and personable, a strong communicator with enthusiasm for their craft. Customer service is our utmost priority so it’s imperative that you’re patient and able to “woo” clients.
- Working knowledge of the visual arts and production processes
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable and be able to solve practical and conceptual problems
Lemonlight is an on-demand video production company that has produced more than 10,000 videos and provided more
than 40,000 jobs to video production professionals around the globe.