State of Washington Legislative Support Services invites applications for the position of: Video Services Supervisor
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 07/16/2021
CLOSING DATE: 08/06/2021
The Office of Legislative Support Services (LSS) supports most functions within the Washington State House of Representatives and Senate. Our mission is to serve all legislative agencies by continuously improving and delivering value-added products and services that exceed customer expectations while achieving cost savings. LSS Video Services provides professional videographer services to the Washington State Legislature. This includes creative motion graphics and expert editing using the latest equipment and technology.
• Providing twice-monthly constituent updates for legislators during session.
• Producing biographical pieces for legislators.
• Creating issue-based videos.
• Producing in-district tour videos.
• Providing instructional and training videos for legislative agencies.
Experience / Skills
• Effectively communicate and work with hundreds of legislative customers in a non-partisan manner.
• Oversee all scheduling of video shoots.
• Ability to Professionally capture video footage appropriate for the associated project. Ability to Edit footage and
create professional video products that exceed customer expectations.
• Maintain a non-partisan operational perspective of all staff while working in a very partisan environment.
• Supervise, organize, motivate and often teach the session videographers and editors. Make sure employees are
challenged and given the opportunity to learn, be successful, and express creativity.
• Fast-paced and challenging work during the Legislative session withtight deadlines. High production rate with
• Timely delivery of all products and services.
• This position is a working supervisory role that entails working both at a desk, as well as in the field engaging in daily
shoots between multiple buildings and agencies.
• Engages with our legislative customers regarding the production of the House “Legislative Updates,” the Senate’s
“Senate Session,” legislative district tour videos, as well as a variety of specialty projects.
• Responsible for all Video Services operations, including session staff hiring, training and development, supervision
of staff, shooting and editing content, equipment management, scheduling and directing work assignments.
• Must be able to maneuver equipment weighing more than 50lbs at times. Must be able to move equipment between
buildings with multiple floors.
• Work is conducted both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions. This position has direct customer
• This position works in a non-partisan capacity in a political environment.
• Must be able to work more than 40 hours in a week, including some evenings and weekends during the legislative
session, and on occasion during the interim.
• Experience or Education equivalent to a technical degree in broadcasting and/or film. Experience in video
• Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Premiere Pro.
• 5 years experience supervising employees, preferably in a video production environment. Excellent videography
• Excellent video editing skills.
• Experience purchasing production gear (cameras, lighting, editing computers, etc.). Must have a valid Driver’s
License and the ability to drive a state-owned vehicle.
• Ability to travel statewide with occasional overnight stays in hotels. Experience working in a legislative environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit the following information:
• A letter of interest addressing the position’s qualifications and your knowledge, skills, and abilities
• A current resume detailing your experience and/or education
• A list of at least three professional references, including one supervisor, with name, current telephone numbers, and
• Video demo reel which demonstrates the applicant’s shooting and editing ability.
• All applicant materials, including the demo reel, should be submitted on a single, labelled flash drive (flash drives
will not be returned). Items must be mailed and post-marked no later than Friday, August 6th. No drop-offs
Accepted. ––Materials submitted will not be returned.
Legislative Support Services c/o Lisa Biscay
1007 Washington Street SE
Olympia WA 98501