The SFJAZZ Video Production Supervisor provides crucial on-site support to SFJAZZ Artistic, Education and Rental departments under the direction of the Director of Production and Technical Director.
The Video Production Supervisor operates video switching equipment and robotic or static cameras to record and stream performances at the SFJAZZ Center. The role requires the individual be familiar with the entire lifecycle of video workflow from the live capture of performances to the editing stage. This individual should also possess a strong understanding of audio signal workflows and its integration into recorded and streamed video. The ideal candidate should be highly proficient in broadcast quality standards and identifying and resolving operational errors and troubleshooting.
This position is responsible for maintenance of the SFJAZZ Center’s Ostroff Media Production Suite, including system software updates, equipment maintenance & repairs and equipment purchase proposals. The ideal candidate is highly proficient in identifying and resolving operational errors and troubleshooting.
This position is also responsible for providing post-production editing support for SFJAZZ Digital Projects.
- Serve as on-site Video Director for SFJAZZ Artistic, Rental, Education and Development performances / events by directing and operating broadcast switcher, robotic / static cameras, up to five evenings per week
- Stream select performances on SFJAZZ platforms (Vimeo, YouTube Live, Facebook, etc) and schedule encore broadcasts utilizing software like Restream
- Interface with live and recording audio engineer(s) and monitor levels and quality of audio to program record and/or stream
- Collaborate with Lighting Designer to establish lighting looks for camera and broadcast
- Working knowledge of Crestron digital A/V interface and multi-media feeds routed via network based or hard-wired systems
- Assist Rentals Manager and Technical Director in assessment of video requirements for rental events and aid in the integration of external clients and vendor workflow within the building
- Operate and configure Hiperwall software and feeds IMAG to the Hiperwall displays
- Collaborate with IT department to configure CENIC Network settings for low latency video/audio distribution for education-based partnerships
- Supervise the CatDV media asset management (MAM) system, in collaboration with the Media Librarian, and injest media, enter metadata and export content as needed
- Oversee SpectraLogic Black Pearl LTO Archive system and the back-up to an off-site cache
- Assist with on-site supervision of additional video technicians for performances and events
- Work closely with Technical Director on equipment changes, modifications, repairs and upgrades
- Manage the post-production workflow of video deliverables for SFJAZZ’s Digital program, including reviewing and selecting performance or interview footage, editing footage based on set list or guidance from the Artistic team, collaborating with audio engineers to obtain mastered audio and integrating assets into a completed program for broadcast
- When there is a need, this individual may receive requests to cover video shifts, with minimal notice, at the SFJAZZ Center due to last minute staffing needs
- Other duties as assigned
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Video Production Supervisor” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Experience / Skills
Expert proficiency in the following equipment:
- AJA signal scaler/converters
- Analog Way Pulse2 video switcher
- Blackmagic Teranex 2D
- Blackmagic Ultrastudio
- Black Magic Micro Cinema Camera
- DSAN Speaker Timer & Perfect Que
- For.A HVS-490 Broadcast switcher
- HDSDI , CAT6, Single Mode and Multi Mode Fiber patching infrastructure
- Panasonic AW-HE Series PTZ cameras
- Panasonic RP150 Robotic controller
- Tascam Model 24 audio console
- Teradeck Cube 600 Encoders
Expert proficiency in the following software:
- Adobe Media Encoder
- Adobe Premier Pro CC
- Facebook Live
- Microsoft Office Suite software: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Squarebox CatDV
- Youtube Live
- Extensive experience video directing and operating cameras in live performance and corporate event environments
- Moderate experience editing broadcast quality content utilizing video, audio, graphics, lower thirds images and text elements
- An eye for selecting exciting segments from pre-recorded video content to be used in promotional materials, social media and other projects
- Must be able to take direction and closely collaborate with the Executive Artistic Director
- Possess excellent organizational and time-management skills and be able to meet crucial deadlines.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 38-year-old non-profit organization now delivers distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district. The pre-pandemic budget for the organization was over $19 million; 60% derived from ticket sales.
SFJAZZ IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY OF STAFF. We particularly welcome those who bring the gifts of diversity to our organization. People of color, people who identify as LGBTQIA, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.