The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry’s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Technical Engineer position will provide hardware and software support for mission critical computer and technical systems required for the broadcast of live and pre-taped events. The position requires a solid Technical IT background to maintain on-air operations of server-based digital video and audio control systems, graphics and non-linear editing systems, automation systems and their associated software and hardware infrastructure, as well as maintenance, installation, and design of traditional broadcast equipment.
• Troubleshoot and quickly resolve technical problems within a fast-paced on-air environment.
• Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Television Broadcast Maintenance personnel to install, configure and debug broadcast applications and system.
• Gather requirements, coordinate orders and installations with telecom vendors.
• Report & escalate data connection issues
• Work with telecom vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues
Experience / Skills
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information
• Able to both follow specific directions and work independently when required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2021, 2016, and Win7/8/10 operating systems
• Knowledgeable on industry cabling standards such as fiber, Coax, Cat5/6
• Working knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Linux
• Understanding of SQL, Signiant, ENPS, and Chyron/VIX highly desirable
• Knowledge of Audio, Video, Control Systems, RF, Fiber-Optics, and MPEG broadcast distribution systems preferred
• Cisco CCNA experience desirable
• Must be able to generate and update system documentation
• Must be able to abide by CBS security policies, initiatives, and compliance reporting
• Must be able to work calmly under extremely high pressure situations
• Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other advanced technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Required travel approximately 30%
• Applicant must be willing to work a flexible schedule – including weekends and evenings
• Work location is split between Iselin, NJ, NYC Broadcast Center, Work from Home and Remote locations (event travel)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.