The AV Technician will set up and operate equipment such as microphones, speakers, video screens, projectors, lights; connecting wires and cables. Perform warehouse duties before and after events. This candidate must maintain a professional and presentable appearance and be capable of interacting with clients. The technician will work independently and with a team of techs to complete jobs per customer and CAV specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Setup and operate audio visual equipment for trainings, presentations, meetings and conferences.
o Perform inventory management of equipment, wiring, and accessories to avoid any shortages.
o Coordinates with AV Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
o Serve as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns during event.
o Perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
o Perform equipment storage and transportation activities in safe and secure manner.
o Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must have the ability to sit, stand, stoop and bend for extended periods of time
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
• Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must be able to work at heights, on a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
• Must be able to travel within the local territory and/or regional territory as needed.
• Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills; creative thinking.
• Interact with employees, customers and colleagues effectively on a professional-level.
• PC & Networking proficient (must already know your way around a computer)
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
Experience / Skills
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a high school diploma or GED equivalency
• A formal education in electronics or a related field preferred.
• Excellent experience with audio visual or other electro-mechanical installation techniques, or field servicing.
• Must possess valid Driver License and reliable transportation
• CTS Certification (desired but not mandatory)
Minimum Years of Experience
• 1-2 years’ experience preferred in audiovisual field of live event or theater work including a background in one of the following areas: Audio, Lighting design, or Video.
About Cheshire Audio Visual
At Cheshire, we recognize that the solutions we provide must be as reliable and professional as the companies we serve. Whether your event requires a general session with breakouts, sponsored areas, panel discussions with presenters at multiple locations, or the option of allowing attendees to network, we have the right solution for you.
We provide support for In-Person Events / Virtual Events / Production Services / Installations.