Pipeline TD - Post Production
Vancouver, British Columbia (Allows Telecommuting)
45.00 — 85.00 per hour
Western FX Studios/AirBud Entertainment
Western FX Studios is looking for a Pipeline TD to extend and support our custom pipeline, manage our machines and render farm, provide support to artists, and install software.
We use Maya, Nuke, Houdini, and Render Man, and have built a suite of tools designed for the specific needs of our reoccurring projects.
We are looking to further extend those tools to automate repetitive tasks in animation, lighting, render, and to further integrate with Shotgun.
The ideal applicant will have 3-5 years relevant experience in film or television post production. They must be a Python expert with experience scripting for Maya, Nuke, and Shotgun, often using PyQT. You can expect to write lots of code, but read even more; we have a moderately sized code-base, part of which is well unit-tested and documented. We develop for both OS X and Linux.
• Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed
• Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
• Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot
assets and shots, and help artists with general problem-solving.
• Test and validate tools and techniques.
• Craft innovative workflow tools to facilitate and expedite production.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of software and systems; contribute to evolving
standards and conventions used in production.
• Update documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
Experience / Skills
• Solid knowledge of CG Animation and Visual Effects.
• Demonstrable production knowledge of Python is required, C/C++ is an asset.
• Working knowledge of high-end 3D software packages such as Maya, including its API
and scripting is required.
• Demonstrable knowledge of UNIX/Linux, procedural and object-oriented
• Experience with character rigging and/or animation is an asset.
• Working knowledge of Shotgun project management system, including its API is an asset
• Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas clearly and concisely.
• Highly motivated, proactive, solid work ethic and positive attitude.
• Efficient and detail oriented. Ability to deliver assignments on time and meet set
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
About Western FX Studios/AirBud Entertainment
Western FX Studios is part of a boutique Post Production facility in Vancouver, Canada that creates visual effects for a stable, long-running client base - Air Bud Entertainment. We're best known for the family classic Air Bud, MVP, the Air Buddies franchises, the Pup Star franchise, and our Emmy nominated series, Pup Academy.
We also completed the Warner Brothers feature film, “Cats and Dogs 3: Paws Unite”, as well as shots for the NBC hit-show “Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist”.
Our latest Netflix Original series, “Scaredy Cats”, is currently #3 on Netflix for childrens programming!
We strictly follow all labour standards, pay proper OT after 8 hours (on the rare occasion that we do overtime), and have an excellent work environment. The studio best suits artists and programmers who value their lives and who, while working hard when they have to, also cherish the parts of their lives that aren't job related.
We are fully setup for remote work from home due to Covid-19.
Hiring will commence immediately. There is potential for long term extensions, and we pay extremely competitive rates.
Preference will be given to BC Residents.
If you are interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org