Remote Television Engineer
POSITION TITLE: Remote Television Engineer
DEPARTMENT: IMS Productions, Truck Department
REPORTS TO: Director, Engineering
POSITION LOCATION: Indianapolis
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORKER CATEGORY: Full-Time
VACCINATION STATUS: Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
The Remote Television Engineer is responsible to work with the Engineer in Charge of the mobile unit. The Engineer is a support person for the EIC, Crew and Client. This position will work remotely from Indianapolis and is expected to learn the mobile unit with the goal of becoming a EIC in time.
• Great attitude and the willingness to be part of the team
• Experience with IP Networks is preferred
• Assists the EIC with the daily setup of events
• Assists the EIC with daily maintenance of all mobile unit systems
• Assist the technical crew with any technical problems related to IMSP owned or rented equipment
• Must be willing to learn new equipment and systems
• Maintains interior and exterior mobile unit in good working order and is responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of all systems on the unit
• Ability to learn, study and become proficient in the areas:
o Ability to read and understand a basic wiring diagram
o Video signal flow
o Audio signal flow
o IP Networking
o Fiber cleaning and maintenance
o Setting up and striking mobile unit
o Learn the basics of HVAC systems
o Inventory of the assigned equipment to the mobile unit
o Set up of Switcher and Audio board
o Set up Audio Booth
o Transmission paths both Sat and VYVX
o Camera set up, maintenance and troubleshooting of Camera Chain
o Intercom both 4 wire and 2 wire
o Power the mobile unit and understand basic power systems
o Load Default router set
o Internet to the mobile unit along with phone lines
o Basic soldering and cable repair to include replacing connectors of all types
• Assists Production staff with show setup
• As the IMSP on site representative, acts in accordance with the company's best interest
o Maintains a courteous and professional attitude at all times
o Customer Satisfaction is the number 1 priority
o Respond to client needs
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with other employees and departments as well as the general public and clients
• Additional duties assigned by IMSP leadership
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Minimum requirement of an Associate’s degree in Electronics or 2 plus years’ experience in a remote truck operation.
• Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in Mobile Television
• Experience with IP Networks is preferred
• Organizational skills as well as the ability to supervise crews
• Must be self-motivated and a good people person as well as a good problem solver
• This position is based in Indianapolis and travels to all INDYCAR events. More than likely required to work extended hours, may frequently work at night, and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate a computer, mouse and keyboard, broadcasting equipment and other office equipment, as needed
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, climb and descend stairs, talk, hear, use hand to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms; see depth-perception.
• The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 lbs. and on occasions may lift heavy objects weighing in excess of 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working conditions are mainly inside of the remote truck, although outside work may need to be performed based on business demands. Must be adaptable to performing under frequent stressful conditions when confronted with an emergency.
Full-time employees enjoy a very competitive benefit package. Benefits include: Medical (including tax-advantaged Health Savings Account), Dental, Vision, 401(k) with 100% company match up to 5%, Paid Vacation, Personal & Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Paid Maternity / Paternity Leave, On-site Workout Facility, and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Penske Entertainment provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or events.
About IMS Productions
IMS Productions is a premier, multi-faceted, multimedia production company located in Indianapolis, Indiana just across the street from the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Our Truck Department supplies broadcast facilities to NBC for all INDYCAR races and to the Indiana Pacers.