We are looking for an experienced video editor with a compelling portfolio who can help create films about one of the most significant trends of our time--the emergence of a new science: The Science of Where.
You will join a growing team of highly experienced, award-winning creatives charged with implementing a new strategy--to use visual storytelling not only to increase brand awareness, but to show how geography, mapping, and Esri's technology can help address the great challenges of our time. These stories include mitigating climate change, building smarter cities, making businesses more sustainable, and responding to natural disasters. For examples of the kind of work we do click here: https://www.creativelabfilms.com/
You are passionate about storytelling and ideally have some experience making science and technology content accessible to general audiences. You will work with producers and executive producers to bring compelling video to life across various platforms including theatrical display for major conferences, high profile advertising campaigns, and online publication across highly trafficked web sites.
• Edit a wide variety of styles that include short form story-driven documentary, brand anthems, promos, branded content, advertising spots, and social media content
• Be as comfortable editing to enhance the narrative of a short form documentary as cutting a stylized, fast-paced montage for an advertisement
• Work in all phases of editing from first draft to fine cut
• Perform fine cuts of rough cuts developed by others (e.g. predators and freelance editors) when needed
• Collaborate on defining distinctive styles that make our videos stand out from the pack
• Collaborate closely with multiple teams
• Perform basic sound design and mixing, color grading, and titling as needed
• Work on multiple projects at once while never compromising the level of creativity and quality
• Participate in video publishing and archiving processes
All candidates must provide samples of videos they've edited in addition to a CV, all demonstrating strong understanding of storytelling, creativity, and willingness to innovate.
• 5+ years of experience in digital video editing
• Proven editorial judgment with strong foundational knowledge of editing techniques and approaches
• Highly advanced in using Adobe Premiere Pro while having basic After Effects skills
• Experience working with motion graphics designers and a basic familiarity with graphic disciplines, such as character animation, motion typography, and compositing
• While the editor is not expected to be a motion graphics artist, being able to incorporate motion graphics and style templates for new and existing formats is required
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables, implementing feedback with ease and in a timely manner
• Familiarity with rights and clearances for obtaining audio and third-party footage
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree; specific education in film craft is a plus
• Experience editing scientific and technology themed content
• Intermediate to advanced motion graphics technical and design skills
• Studio based/multi-camera editing experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DoY5y6SeROQxI7zEFN4jV