We are looking for an experienced video storyteller who can create compelling films about one of the most significant trends of our time--the emergence of a new science: The Science of Where.
You will join a growing team of highly experienced, award-winning creatives to help implement a new strategy for Esri--to use the power of visual storytelling not only to dramatically increase brand awareness, but to show how the power of geography, mapping, and Esri technology can address the great challenges of our time. These stories will involve mitigating climate change, managing refugee crises, building smarter cities, responding to natural disasters, and helping businesses run more sustainably. For examples of the kind of work we do click here: https://www.creativelabfilms.com/
* Write, direct, and produce videos on a broad range of geography-themed content that educate, inform, and inspire, guiding projects from conception to post-production
* Lead creative and editorial direction under the guidance of executive producers and deliver to schedule and on budget
* Create videos in a variety of formats such as short form story-driven documentary, branded content, advertising spots, sizzle videos for major events, and promos and content for large, strategically well-planned social media campaigns
* Produce projects that are partially hands on, supplemented by freelancers, as well as projects that are primarily outsourced to external production companies
* Liaise with other departments in numerous contexts as production demands, including working with stakeholders on project definition and research, working with other creative departments such as graphics and design, working with web and social teams when applicable on distribution, and working with events teams
All candidates must provide samples of videos they've produced in addition to a resume and pertinent writing sample.
* 7+ years of experience as a full producer managing and directing projects across the spectrum of creative delivery, including conceptualization, scripting, pre-production, production, and post-production (must include substantive short form, non-fiction production experience)
* Demonstrated talent in at least two of the following: branded content, documentary, nonfiction television, advertising
* Experience commissioning talent, including production crews and post-production teams
* Experience overseeing both freelancers and production companies on productions with budgets of a minimum of $100K
* Strong conceptualization, research, and writing ability necessary to craft compelling short stories about complex material with the ability to make complex subject matter accessible and engaging for lay audiences
* Experience producing in various field locations
* Availability for field production and occasional travel
* Bachelor's degree; specific education in film craft is a plus
* Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
* Familiarity with the Southern California production environment, especially as it relates to production companies and other production resources
* Video editing talent
* Experience working with motion graphics designers and a familiarity with motion graphics disciplines such as character animation, motion typography, and compositing
* Experience producing scientific and technology themed content for general audiences
* Experience producing for broadcast distribution as well as for non-broadcast distribution (web, social, PR, etc.)
* Studio-based production experience
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/DoY5bXUeRON5h7zEFN4jV