• Guide CBS Sports leadership and managers on technology strategy and architecture design
• Work closely with Sports Operations, Production and Graphics teams to ensure the design and integration of appropriate technologies and products to meet goals and objectives
• Work closely with Production and Graphics teams to source and implement new technology for studio productions
• Execute projects in a timely, open, and service-oriented manner
• Manage vendor relationships, negotiate contracts
• Manage and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Experience / Skills
• 8-10 years of relevant experience required with proven knowledge of Live Studio Production, Postproduction, Distribution, Master Control, MAM, Edit, Graphics - AR, Audio, Communications and Power systems
• A BSEE / BS Computer Science, Broadcasting, Engineering, or a related field is a plus but not a requirement with relevant experience.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Occasional travel will be required for remote studio shows, technology manufacture meetings and trade shows.
• Extensive knowledge with Audio, Video and Data technologies
• Experience standing up Cloud environments and infrastructure with broadcast and production related services and systems; both standalone and hybrid with on premises infrastructure
• Deep knowledge of SDI and IP technologies including SMPTE 2110
• Proven expertise with evaluating and recommending technology solutions to assist with making strategic decisions to advance CBS Sports use of IP and Cloud initiatives
• Proficient in Video and Audio Compression technology
• Proficient in UHD and HDR technology
• Confident communication skills and ability to provide regular management program/project briefings and presentations
• Proficient in project management disciplines and processes
• Manage Engineering and Maintenance personnel
• Track record of technology, innovation, and implementation
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Posted on 10/29/2021 Director, Broadcast Engineering and Remote Technical Operations
Posted on 10/29/2021 Technical Director
Posted on 11/4/2021 Business Development Executive
Posted on 11/4/2021 Manager, Broadcast Engineering - National Hockey League
Posted on 11/10/2021